Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some good news for all of us! Honda in 2006 will be adding a longer powertrain warranty to all of there vehicles, including all Ridgelines already purchased. We should all be receiving information in regards to this over the next month or so.

Sorry about the double posting, I missed the first one. Here is the link to the first post.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783&highlight=warranty

·
Registered
141 Posts
f12xbear said:
Some good news for all of us! Honda in 2006 will be adding a longer powertrain warranty to all of there vehicles, including all Ridgelines already purchased. We should all be receiving information in regards to this over the next month or so.
Funny you mention this. I told my Dealer about the warrenty extension about a month ago when I was purchasing my Ridgeline. They were clueless. :mad: I returned to the Dealer a couple of weeks ago and they were quite upset that I, as a consumer, knew about this stuff before them, and they had to call Honda to verify. I suggested they to join "The Ridgeline Owners Group" to stay informed on what Honda was doing." :D You got to love this forum!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I too, as a Honda employee heard about it here first. I went in the next morning and it was on our Honda Interactive Network. This is a great site for info. I have been giving it our to many of my customers who are looking at the RL and the Element (EOC). Keep up the good work Tmac.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah..I heard it first on this website and on 8/20/05 when I bought my blue RL, the dealer also mentioned it. For me it was great because it was one more item that I could check off as comparable to the tacoma and F150 which I was comparing the RL too (those guys had thd 5/60 powertrain warranty). With honda's reputation they really have nothing to lose by extending the warranty. FYI the bumper-bumper remains at 3/36....

·
Registered
257 Posts
f12xbear said:

I think this has already been covered. but thanks. :)

Link to thread

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is great news. I still haven't gotten any info regarding any adjustments made to the Honda Care extended warranties many customers purchased when it was 3/36k for everything. Wouldn't you think Honda would have seen this as an issue and addressed it?!:mad:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I hope they are going to adjust the amout I paid for the extended warranty!
I feel like I paid for 2 years and 26000 miles that I didn't have to pay for!
Mike :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't have the extended warranty just yet, now I'm waiting to see if the prices drops a bit. Guess I'll have to hit up christn to see if the cost has dropped. Dealers couldn't match his cost before the extension, I just hope he can lower the price a bit but even at his original price it was a good deal.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
It is about time Honda did something with their warranties. It has always been a mystery to me that they give 36/36 on their new vehicles and on their select used vehicles they give 100K miles. What gives? :confused:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm confused as to why people think they should be getting a partial refund because they bought the additional warranty and now the powertrain warranty has been extended to 5/60... the additional warranty that you get (that I got) is bumper-to-bumper, includes towing, etc. -- it doesn't just cover the powertrain. I still would've gotten the additional warranty, even at the bend-over dealer price (before I saw that you could get it on ROC for cheaper!), simply because it's a good idea when you have a Nav system, 6-CD changer, and all kinds of other electronics that can go wrong over time. Plus, it's a new model year. So, what gives? What is with this refund thing? Why don't you just sue?

(Yes, I'm kidding about suing.)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
As pointed out in a post above, this info already has a thread. Please continue discussion in the above linked thread. Closing down . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.