Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope the Ridgeline Club members might be able to "steer" me in the right direction... Have the "Honda" brand tonneau cover installed and would like to obtain two (2) extra keys for the lock. So far, thru my dealer, I've had no luck. Also have tried two locksmiths in town and no luck (seems to be a really "weird" type of key). My dealer parts manger has tried for over a week now to get an answer from corporate Honda but has yet to receive a return phone call on this question. Anyone with any help??? Would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Nicholas :confused:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I googled the name on my Tonneau cover key: "sugatsune", which looks to be a Japanese hardware and lock manufacturer. See http://www.sugatsune.com

On their site I found this lock set - the 2100M - which would be my guess as the one Honda used for the tonneau cover:

http://www.sugatsune.com/products/ProductDetails.cfm?CATID=6&SUBCATID=4&PRODUCTID=2100M

The main web site has a Contact Us page with phone numbers and e-mail address. Maybe they can help.

The other word on the key "lamp", was inconclusive for a google search on "lamp key".

If this doesn't help, I'd try another locksmith, or call Honda of North America directly. Let me know how you make out & good luck !

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to "Fester" for the information on the source of the "Honda" factory tonneau hard cover keys. Called and ordered two (2) extra key blanks as of this evening. Again, thanks for the help!!! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Glad to help. I google so others may live their dreams.

FYI - Featser is a nickname for my first (and dearly departed) cat "Feats", whom was named for the band Little Feat - of the Lowell George era ( 80's, ouch).

L

·
0 Posts
Featser said:
Glad to help. I google so others may live their dreams.

FYI - Featser is a nickname for my first (and dearly departed) cat "Feats", whom was named for the band Little Feat - of the Lowell George era ( 80's, ouch).
I'm glad you put that FYI in there. All this time I was referring to you as "Feaster" as in "Uncle" with the light bulb in his mouth!! :eek:

L

·
0 Posts
Yeah I know :( ...I guess I can't read or comprehend what I think I'm reading!!! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts