Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our '08 has a lift kit.
For those of you who have them, are the Honda tubular side steps useful to assist shorter people getting in and out of the cab?
Thanks!
(I found a used set of the Honda steps)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Personally don't have the Honda OEM ones, but do have another brand (forget which), I love mine, good aesthetic appeal and do help getting in for sure

ImageUploadedByAG Free1446474857.552743.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had mine sitting in the garage for years and finally decided to install them (mine are also aftermarket). Huge difference getting in the vehicle, especially in those tight parking lots. And a bonus is that you aren't dragging yourself over the left bolster of the driver seat, which saves wear and tear on that (which is a definite weak point of the interior).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I like the looks, pops me in the driver's seat more centered then sliding in. Good assist for some that might need it, otherwise they are hardly a necessity.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
IMO,

The OEM side step are too close to the body. Makes it difficult to step on and twist into cab.

I installed Raptors from a group buy so the price was right. It mounts a couple inches from the body. Easy to step onto and then into cab. Disadvantage is that being mounted couple inches from the body makers it easier to soil your pants leg.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
My Westins, like Raptors & others is not as close as the factory one. But yes, on the pants leg dirt. Kind of forces me to keep the truck cleaner, since as the years pile on remembering to avoid hitting the bar is the harder option.
Of course I only do it when wearing dress pants, which is not very often.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For kids there great. But kinda uncomfy for adults trying to slide in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses!
Brought them home this evening, will get them cleaned up and installed over the next few days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts