Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Rubbin is racin...Doubt either want their trucks hurt...

·
Registered
410 Posts
A Merc pickup... maybe Honda can put some lipstick on the ridgeline and sell it as an Acura.

Audi can then steal their VW Amarok and gussy it up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Decades ago the name "Mercedes-Benz" meant almost unbelievable quality of materials and construction. That, unfortunately for the entire industry, is no longer the case. Go to any owner survey and you'll see that the brand now has a very poor reputation. and it's a real shame. I doubt that Mercedes linking up with Nissan to manufacture a pickup truck will do anything more for the brand than did its ill-fated years with Chrysler.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Merc? are we talking boat motors here? Or fancy Fords?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mercedes benz pick up truck X-class

I bumped into this article this morning, this is interesting to read as a RL G2 owner. After reading the article, I feel like there is a demand in luxury mid-size pick up market, I mean top of the line Ridgeline is pretty luxury IMO. I think Honda is on the right market, however Mercedes doesn't want to compete in the U.S. and won't sell this North America.

Would people say "X-Class pick up is a GLE-Class with a bed"? I guess not.. judging from the photo in the article. I really love my RL, but I wish Honda designer can make RL's front bolder and less Pilot alike.

You know Telsa wants to be in pick-up market too, it is called "Model U". The rear tailgate looks interesting, it seems act as a ramp too. It's concept though. Google it if you haven't read it,

Here is the link: The Mercedes-Benz X-Class Concept pickup truck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts