Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Must be still working on it as I get a 1.1 service unavailable.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
Not working here yet either. Looking forward to seeing tomorrow.

Reactions: DSERVIT

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just got on it now, and worked perfectly for me. I tired earlier this morning and it wouldn't load. Seems good now, maybe someone else can confirm?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Parts of the site are still overloaded.

But I do like the "Chalet to Valet" comparisons.

Chip H.

Reactions: wb1dby

·
Registered
973 Posts
Noted that there are (at least, pretty common for many companies) two Honda base URLS: automobiles.honda.com and shop.honda.com that link in from honda.com The former shows the Ridgeline as active but the link does not work with various errors. The other shows "available soon" and leads to the old RL site. Just crappy web implementation. This may be Honda's fault but may also be outsourced web development so who knows? Not all that important as I already know anything the website will have to say and I am gonna go drive a BE this morning.

·
Administrator
16,053 Posts
They've apparently restored the website to a previous state. Right now, the Ridgeline is gone from the main page and is back under "Future Vehicles".

EDIT: You can still get there by going to http://automobiles.honda.com/ridgeline - more features are working, but many are still broken.

EDIT 2: You can currently download the e-brochure. On page 9 a caption reads: "TOP OF THE 'LINE". Notice the unnecessary and incorrect placement of the apostrophe. I would imagine they meant "TOP O' THE LINE" since there are no letters missing from "LINE" which would prompt the use of an apostrophe. I guess I'm too much like Steve Jobs - I'd fire someone over that. :)

·
Administrator
16,053 Posts
It might just be me, but this seems so typical of Honda these days.
Maybe they'll revert the Ridgeline itself back to its previous generation. :D

EDIT: That picture in the brochure showing the headlights on high beam reminds me of how much I dislike mismatched lighting. Why on God's green Earth would they use (blueish) LEDs for low beam and (yellowish) halogens for high beams instead of LEDs for all like other Honda/Acura models. Yuck. Especially with the fog lights on, you're going to see a rainbow in front of the truck - yellow light directly in front, blue light where the LEDs project, then yellow light beyond that where the halogen high beams project. Then again, maybe rainbows are fitting for the G2. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Works but the build your own isn't working very fast

There is an animation. Where a gray rl rolls in from the right and the doors open. I swear it shows the rear doors open way further than the actual truck
The rear doors on the Honda web site DO open much further than in real life. I was looking at that and wondering why the difference. Someone goofed!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
Joe is right; Honda sucks with software. It's hard to believe that their website is still not up and almost 11AM EDT. The Ridgeline has only been partially implemented in the website user interface. And the one place where you can access it times out with this error message:

Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

I'm sure will have the site up at some point later today. This whole June 21 thing is been a big waste of time in my opinion. Keeping would-be buyers away from the information they need in order to purchase … it creates the sense that Honda doesn't understand the truck buyer – they may be the antithesis of Pilot buyer. Truck buyers thrive on information. They are always looking for an edge, more torque, more gas mileage, more space, bigger tires. Why would you withhold the facts from them? If you knew them, you wouldn't.

·
Registered
973 Posts
EDIT 2: You can currently download the e-brochure. On page 9 a caption reads: "TOP OF THE 'LINE". Notice the unnecessary and incorrect placement of the apostrophe.
What is it with stupid badly educated people these days? That is such a common mistake these day's, putting apostrophe's where none should be.>:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts