Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Where are the GM twins with the revised 3.6L and 8spd auto? Oh, then add the Honda with the 10spd auto which will improve acceleration by 14%. :)

But really, who races a pickup truck?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Depends where you live i guess, country boys like to race trucks around here....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Where are the GM twins with the revised 3.6L and 8spd auto? Oh, then add the Honda with the 10spd auto which will improve acceleration by 14%. :)

Even the redneckiest of rednecks drives their truck on paved roads about 90% of the time. So I'd say just about everybody cares how fast their truck is, whether they admit it or not. Very few people actively seek out a slow, noisy, bumpy vehicle to drive on a daily basis.

·
Registered
124 Posts

I've driven the GM twins... The RL will smoke them... They'll be back with the Toyota!

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts

Haven't you heard? Pickup trucks are the modern-day version of the 1960s musclecars.....lotsa power and fast in a straight line, and easy to mod. The RL is like the first FWD cars were to the musclecar world - hard to understand and hard to modify. It has to be pretty embarrassing to the muscletrucks to be beaten by the "minivan" pickup, so they are going to tear it down elsewhere, like off-road ability and mod-ability...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Not surprised at the a** kicking administered by the G2 BE...C & D, Alex on Autos, etc are all getting mid-6 second 0-60 times and strong 90 mph+ quarter miles. It is a genuinely fast truck helped a lot by the i-VTM system...and VTEC (of course)...

When I had my 2014 RAM 1500 HEMI and ran some GPS 0-60 mph runs on a back road near the house (not a closed course nor a professional driver) I was getting 7.17 sec 0-60s at best. So the RL is genuinely a fast truck PERIOD...

Just another reason I'm going back to a RL as soon as I can get away with it...Selling the wife on it (she loves riding in the RAM but hates driving it...I need to make sure she is aware she can also love riding in the G2 and will at least LIKE driving it).

·
Administrator
16,090 Posts
I want to see someone with a FWD G2 make a video flooring the accelerator from a full stop on dry pavement (only when it is safe to do so, of course) while the traction control is fully disabled*. I'm curious to see how much wheel spin there will be and to see the looks on the faces of "real truck" owners when they see white smoking coming from one of the front tires of a pickup. >:)

* Turning VSA "off" in the G2 does not fully disable traction control. There is a special procedure that must be follow to fully disable traction and stability control. http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...have-noticed-about-your-g2-5.html#post2147345

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I want to see someone with a FWD G2 make a video flooring the accelerator from a full stop on dry pavement (only when it is safe to do so, of course) while the traction control is fully disabled*. I'm curious to see how much wheel spin there will be and to see the looks on the faces of "real truck" owners when they see white smoking coming from one of the front tires of a pickup. >:)

* Turning VSA "off" in the G2 does not fully disable traction control. There is a special procedure that must be follow to fully disable traction and stability control. http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...have-noticed-about-your-g2-5.html#post2147345
Smoky FWD burnouts always seem 'wrong' somehow...like below...Maybe I'm more of a traditionalist than I think I am...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38S_RY6mlc8

·
Registered
417 Posts
Spend some time over on the F150 forums.....you'd think it was a Mustang forum!

Fact is, with today's trucks, buyers expect more than just truck capacity. They want fast, quiet, and luxury to boot. Doesn't take much to get a Supercrew 4x4 Ecoboost F150 to run a 12 sec 1/4 mile. This was high-end musclecar territory just a few years ago. Crazy stuff.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Spend some time over on the F150 forums.....you'd think it was a Mustang forum!

Fact is, with today's trucks, buyers expect more than just truck capacity. They want fast, quiet, and luxury to boot. Doesn't take much to get a Supercrew 4x4 Ecoboost F150 to run a 12 sec 1/4 mile. This was high-end musclecar territory just a few years ago. Crazy stuff.
I had an EcoBoost F-1 and a half 4x4 for 2 months courtesy of the air bag recall.
That thing was a bloody hotrod.
But it died on the road due to TB trouble.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts