Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to use the built-in nav system on my BE which tries to use Hondalink for searching for places, etc. It doesn't access the Hondalink app on my Iphone6. I called customer support for Hondalink. They had me reinstall my bluetooth connection, reboot my phone, and delete and reinstall the Hondalink app. They put me on hold for a while when that didn't work and came back and said they were having some issues with the BE. They promised to call me back within 3 days for additional help. They also suggested I use a different device to see if that worked. My wife gets home tonite and I will try her phone. Anybody else with this issue?

· Administrator
24,832 Posts
That was an odd comment by customer support. I can't imagine an issue like that being specific to the BE.
I agree. The only difference between the BE and RTL-E should be the default color scheme (red vs. blue). However, that means that some software between the two models is not bit-for-bit identical, so it's remotely (very remotely) possible there could be an issue with one system and not the other.

Having said that, I'm curious about the purpose of the "Diagnostics" and "Warnings" tabs in HondaLink. On GM vehicle with OnStar, if your check engine light is on you can call OnStar who can see the code and tell you what it is and whether it's something that can wait or needs to be tended to immediately. I'm wondering if HondaLink has similar functionality.

Anyone with an RTL-T or above who has HondaLink configured and experience a warning message or CEL noticed anything under these tabs? Neither the owner's manual, service manual, nor HondaLink website seem to mention the purpose of these tabs.

· Registered
199 Posts
I posted elsewhere on the site about how frustrating it is to try to use the navigation voice command in my BE. I have an iPhone 6s. I'll be interested in seeing what you find out.

· Registered
1,278 Posts
She misspoke, no way on Earth is there a difference between the E and the BE's, doesn't make sense for Honda to do that financially speaking.

I have never tried the voice commands because I usually hate the way they work and I'm just use to typing them in, but now I want to check it out.

My biggest issue is the sync up with my phone, which every time I get into the truck tells me it failed. I haven't taken the time to figure out why it's failing, and I can still make phone calls, I believe the sync up is my phone book not syncing - No idea why.

I don't use the cable because I'm lazy and I prefer Bluetooth, plus I have a jump drive in there to play music.

· Registered
99 Posts
I uninstalled the honda link app on my Android phone, at first it wouldn't connect even when my phone was connected via Bluetooth. Then the app wouldn't close when tapping the click here to close option. The app would run all day if I didn't force close it. Complete crap of an application, what a joke Honda should be embarrassed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if I am stupid or not. When I hit the button for linking to the HondaLink app, I expected a change to the screen (like successful or something like that). Anyway, after trying my wife's phone I finally noticed a search box appeared at the top of the where to screen. It works! Like Gilda used to say, nevermind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.