Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nearly. The range in mine (2008) is terrible. Right in front of the the door, or forget it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hmmm, mine works... It was a little squirrelly to set up, which I think was more of a function of the "rolling code" garage door opener.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
HondaLink is Honda's software app on your smart phone and RL trims with the touch screen

HomeLink is the 3 buttons on overhead console (on RL trims that have them) you can program to open garage doors

OP is asking about HondaLink. You're replying about HomeLink. OK to discuss both sound alikes I suppose (even I had them mixed early on)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hahaha...facepalm! Next time read it s-l-o-w-l-y..?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Me thinks we are all a wee bit confused:

Home Link= Garage Door Opener

Honda Link Assist= Dials 9-1-1 after a crash

Honda Link= Seems to be a semi-worthless piece of software that lets you schedule service appointments, etc.

YMMV That is all......

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
766 Posts
Honda Link (Telematics): I haven't needed it, but I'm glad it is there. The more rural you are, I imagine the better you will like to have it enabled. It will contact 911 on a collision.

Home Link: I haven't programmed it, yet, so no opinion. Although, some metro area news has reported that thieves are utilizing in-vehicle garage door openers to break into houses. I would hope they are referring to the FOB type that are not integrated into the car. With that said (and not knowing, yet). I hope Honda at least has that disabled when the car is "off" just for this reason.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I've found HondaLink OK, if somewhat slow. My iPhone app just updated recently and it is better. When at home, getting ready to go somewhere out of town, I like being able to search for the place, then send it to car. Unfortunately, it takes a while to get to the vehicle. With my wife's AcuraLink on her RDX, you find the location, send to car, then about 10 seconds after you start the vehicle (including system initial boot), the location pops up on the screen and asks if you want to set this as your location in the NAV. You click OK and you are done. On the RL, it is sometimes 5-10 minutes or so, then the system chimes at you, allowing you to swipe the icon down and get the location. Still works; however, by that time you are on the road...it does, however, allow you to touch the location and set it, even while driving.

If it was as quick at the Acura system, I'd like it better. The update just done in November, however, did seem to speed it up from when I first bought the truck and downloaded the app (it always does work now, which wasn't the case before). Hopefully, they will continue to work on it. In the Acura app, you get notified of TSB's, recalls, etc; however, I haven't had one show up, yet (thankfully). Honda app doesn't do that, yet....so obviously a work in progress.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hondalink is decent...A little less 'feature rich' than systems like UConnect (FCA) but they made you pay $149 a year after year one.

The feature of sending destinations to your vehicle's nav system is one I really like (I used it all the time for work trips when I had the RAM). I have the address but why have to voice or type it in the actual nav when you can pre-send it. I like the simple, clean look of the Hondalink app on mobile devices.

The fact it is included without additional cost is the best feature...

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Does the Honda Link Nav App work with the G2? I'm asking because Apple's App Store says it doesn't work w/ 2016 Pilots/Accords/Civics. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Does the Honda Link Nav App work with the G2? I'm asking because Apple's App Store says it doesn't work w/ 2016 Pilots/Accords/Civics. Thanks in advance!
Which app are you looking at? Apple store Canada shows three different apps. HondaLink Aha, which is for 2013/14 vehicles. HondaLink App Launcher says it doesn't work with 2016/17 Pilots, Accords, Civics and 2017 Ridgeline. HondaLink dated Nov. 18, 2016 does list 2017 Ridgeline in the description.

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's the HondaLink Navigation NA app.
Ah, different beast. That is a navigation app that streams to your "HondaLink Ready" dash screen. I was looking at apps that work with the software menus built into HondaLink.

It is probably compatible with 'one version older' HomeLink and as the cars get updated they will fall off the compatibility list.

Richard

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Home link set up was easy. Have 2017 Ridgeline. Have set up Honda Link but think it is worthless unless they notifiy me when when I need service. Home Link Assist have not used, thank goodness. But very gladit is there.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is anyone using the Hondalink IOS app with a RTL-E or BE currently getting more than just the basic location information?

In 2016, when I first got my 2017 RTL-E, I got range, Odometer, and the other info that is listed on the Hondalink site for the E. It stopped within a few months and I am only getting location.

I have deleted the app from both an IPhone 7 and IPhone X, reinstalled, deleted the BT pairings from both the Ridgeline and the phones and re-paired. Both phones are current IOS. I still only get location.

By the way, the exact same thing is occurring with my wife’s 2018 CR-V Touring. I am wondering if my Honda ID is messed up somehow.

Honda support has not been helpful.

Thanks for any information in advance.?

·
Administrator
16,327 Posts
HondaLink has been a mess on my Ridgeline, Civic, and Accord. Like you, it always starts out functional then it gradually becomes less functional and either updates sporadically or not at all.

Honda will admit they provide limited support for these free, non-subscription HondaLink services. They'll tell you to do the following:

1. Delete your phone from the vehicle and your vehicle from the phone then re-pair the Bluetooth connection.
2. Sign out of the HondaLink app and back in.
3. Deleted then re-add your vehicle to the HondaLink app.
4. Delete the HondaLink app and reinstall.
5. Perform a "factory data reset" on the Display Audio system.
6. Take it to your dealer, who will do steps 1-5.
7. Dealer calls Honda Tech Line who will tell them to do steps 1-5.
8. If it still doesn't work, they'll say it must be your phone.

Currently, my Ridgeline shows fuel range and odometer, but it's not consistent. Sometimes the data is current as of the last drive. Other times uselessly outdated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have done everything but the factory reset and having the dealer waste time by doing the same things I have already done.

Two different phones and two different Hondas. Same issue.

I have two open incidents with Honda on this, one for each vehicle. It will be interesting to see if they ever get back to me.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts