Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the Honda's Auto Day/Night Mirror with Compass installed yesterday on my RTS and immediately brought it back. The stupid think shimmies at the slightest bump in the road. It is very irritating to have your mirror constantly moving. The dealer said he will order another one but seem to think that it was a design flaw and not just a problem with this one. I will let you know if the second one if bad too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Besides the compass if you dont have the Nav, I think the day/night part is overkill with as dark of a tint the back windows have. I dont have a problem with my regular mirror at all. JMHO :cool:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have it, it doesn't shimmy or shake unless the sub is cranked, and I would not want to be without it. JMHO of course :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
I could really do without the compass.
It's very distracting at night.
Every time I turn it off, it comes back on again
when I restart the truck.
Annoying.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I'm old school I guess. I have the Nav, but insisted on the compass! Mine does not shake & works fine. I do not always use the Nav & even If I do, you need to stare at the little red/white needle to see what way is north, then figure the other out east/west/south.. I know its easy...but I'm lazy:)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I have the autodimming mirror with compass and it does not shake. I did the install myself and from the sounds of it the OP had a defective mirror.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
bongus said:
I have the autodimming mirror with compass and it does not shake. I did the install myself and from the sounds of it the OP had a defective mirror.
Was that install as easy as the instructions make it out to be?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
One more testimony for "no shake in mine". Maybe there's some variation in the installation method being imployed?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Excellent. I'm glad you're happy with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts