Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Theirs nothing new on that, that we havnt seen or heard and Ive had my name down at my Dealer for months now, whats the big diff goin thru some Honda Website for some test drive that aint going to speed anything up. Unless your one that can plop down 30,000 to 43000 grand on something you havent seen you can enjoy that commercial. Dealers dont have crap about it anyway yet not nothing. They should have had this goin way back during the SB with their TV add and many have moved since. Im still a dumb folk waiter...........

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Marketing is all over the place with the Gen2. Initially, we hear they're targeting the mature buyer who can afford and appreciate a more refined, comfortable truck with SUV-like appointments. Then they go out of their way to hype its off-road capabilities and put it up against the Taco and Colorado at Camp Ridgeline. It's like the marketing folks want to grab serious market share from the conventional mid-sizers but the design team had a different buyer in mind.

The latest promotion in my email continues to push the new RL's "tough truck" image in off-pavement settings. Really, Honda? You want buyers to drive a truck with less than 8" of clearance down a stream channel lined with boulders?! Where are the images of folks loading golf bags? What about the trips to Home Depot for mulch or lumber? This looks like an ad for the Tacoma TRD Off-Road edition.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The Honda Marketing department also manufactures Screen Doors for Submarines. Ironically the guy that buys the big ATV also buys a SuperDuty or HeavyDuty truck - not the Ridgeline.

The Ridgeline should be marketed to the same people that bought the Ford Ranchero and Chevrolet El Camino. Not the guy that wants a F350 or Jeep. Heck, most folks still do not know that the Ridgeline has a trunk or a swing open tailgate. Great Job there Honda Marketing.

I have only seen one Gen 1 Ridgeline with an ATV in the back in the last 11 years and it was at the Honda Dealer when the 2006 was being shown - Washing machines, Stoves, Dry Wall, lots of paving bricks and lots of bags of mulch - I have seen that pretty much any time I go to Lowes or Home Depot.

Five of the Lawn Services that cut the grass and edge the lawns around here haul the zero turn radius lawn mower and the weed eaters on a trailer attached to an early Gen 1 Ridgeline. They like the reliability and comfort of the Ridgeline. None have parked their Ridgeline due to airbags recall as they need the towing and none of the replacement vehicles have towing. I know as I ask every Ridgeline owner I see about the Airbag recall and all said they need towing and will take their chances about the airbags. One Ridgeline owner I talked to disconnected the airbag in the steering wheel. Said that older cars did not have them and he really did not need them either. "I wear the seat belt/shoulder harness - I think that is enough"

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
What's a Rideline ?

That's what you stand in at Disneyland.

And FYI, Honda may be more sophisticated than we think. This may be a subliminal assault on a select subset of Chevy/Ford buyers that maybe don't read so good.... all the while taking them back to the joy of their childhood carnival days, patiently watching the toothless ferris-wheel carny work the levers, before experiencing that exhilarating ride to heaven!

Or maybe not........>:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was looking at that Honda link in the first post and my initial thought was "That truck looks pretty good, I like the chrome around the windows", as I paid no attention at all to the surroundings. Then I looked away from the truck and noticed the people lounging around the campsite. The image is offputting to me for some reason, maybe it is the lack of hot young ladies or the fact that the Ridgeline is carrying nothing more challenging than a plastic jug of water in the bed.

I do like the chrome though...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
C'mon guys, everything else is already unloaded -- cooler, chairs, tent. :) I agree, though, it's a pretty minimal load and campsite. You're supposed to focus on the truck. What strikes me about the Ridge is how smooth and rounded the rear quarter panel looks with almost no fender flare definition. It's a modern look but not one that I think will appeal to the typical male pickup buyer -- yadda, yadda, yadda.

More importantly, they missed an opportunity to show the tailgate swung open with the trunk lid up.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
I did a quick google search on the phone number shown in this thread and it spat out...

Smittys Gun Shop
Altoona, WI 54720
Phone: 715-577-1034

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Come on you old members chill out you cant say your opinion on here anymore about anything. Go to the corner face the wall and take a time out. When your ready and your civilized you'll get a ribbon.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Come on you old members chill out you cant say your opinion on here anymore about anything. Go to the corner face the wall and take a time out. When your ready and your civilized you'll get a ribbon.
Northern, sincerely, crack a beer, and celebrate being alive. Life is too short.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I did a quick google search on the phone number shown in this thread and it spat out...

Smittys Gun Shop
Altoona, WI 54720
Phone: 715-577-1034
I thought it was very strange that Honda used a real number for an ad. I mean, haven't they ever heard of 555-1212?

But I googled the number also and got this on the second page of searches...

Radon Inspectors - Inspector Nation
inspectornation.com/radon-inspectors/
[email protected]. CRS90015, Steven Smith, Asheville, NC, (715) 577-1034, [email protected].

1 - 20 of 22 Posts