Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has made, or seen an aftermarket hood or shroud to help in reducing the glare on the center infotainment screen? I know that many have applied screen saver film to mainly help with fingerprints, but as stated by those who have these screens they don't help in reducing the glare. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm kinda surprised that Honda didn't incorporate a secondary smaller hood similar to the one over the instrument cluster for the center screen. To me, that's one of the biggest design errors.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has made, or seen an aftermarket hood or shroud to help in reducing the glare on the center infotainment screen? I know that many have applied screen saver film to mainly help with fingerprints, but as stated by those who have these screens they don't help in reducing the glare. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm kinda surprised that Honda didn't incorporate a secondary smaller hood similar to the one over the instrument cluster for the center screen. To me, that's one of the biggest design errors.
We have a '17 Acura RDX with the dual screens and the top screen has a nice hood on it...it is nicer with that hood from a glare standpoint; however, I wonder if it would get in the way of the touchscreen as the top hooded screen on the Acura is read only...

And a screen saver doesn't seem to help too much with the glare, at least from my experience. As a matter of fact, it didn't reduce the fingerprints that much and, to me, reduced the touch sensitivity, so I decided not to use it...

·
Registered
38 Posts

Was wondering the same.... was hoping the aftermarket crowd would make an interior matching hood. Wishful thinking!:frown:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Radio screen glare shield

I just finished making a shield for my 2018 RTL. I started with 1/8" corrugated polystyrene left over from the packaging of a a/c window unit.I could not find the factory type material as on the dash pad so I used XPEL film XPFCL4AB, this product was used as a protective film for your sill plate,mentioned by another owner in this forum. I used it on my sill plates also and they came out great. I used the left over for the radio screen shield. The shield is 3" x10" with radiused corners.A heat gun was used carefully to get it to wrap around the polystyrene. It is secured with double edge tape.Photos will follow. Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
I know that many have applied screen saver film to mainly help with fingerprints, but as stated by those who have these screens they don't help in reducing the glare. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Screen saver in my RL does help with the glare, fingerprints wipe away.
I think this add on looks awful and per my one year of ownership is totally unnecessary as glare is never a problem even with shade on sun roof open.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts