Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a number of posts that indicate dealers are asking over invoice. This would mean they are very hot and selling well. Does anyone know if this is the case? I have not seen another one on the road in two weeks.

Just curious.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am guessing RL is selling reasonably well because only 2 of 5 dealers that I contacted called me to test drive. I bought from the dealer which offered MSRP and the right model. After 2 weeks, none of the other dealers have bother to e-mailed me.

I believe dealers are able to sell above MSRP in the SF Bay area.

·
Registered
200 Posts
When I check the online inventory at dealers here, not much change. They all seem to still have some of the first allotments left. Nearest dealer still has 3 of 4.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have surveyed about 30 dealers in northern California and there a few that have sold their allocation by mid-month There are just as many (a few) that have sold none of their original allocation. The majority of the dealers had sold about half by the end of the second week of March. That means most of the dealers are still stuck with about half (two or three trucks out of four or five) as we approach the third week of March.

Most of the dealers are saying that the truck is priced above MSRP but later say that they will sell at MSRP. A few are saying that the truck is priced at MSRP but will not sell below MSRP.

A few dealers selling at MSRP are offering discounts (or dealer cost) on accessories. Thus you can see the trend. As the initial way of pre-production buyers and “got to have it at any price” buyers peter out, the dealers are beginning to lower expectation and adjust the price. Depending how the numbers turn out at the end of March, I think there is a good chance the trucks will start selling below MSRP in April. You only have to wait two weekends to find out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Dealer here got in 3 trucks that were gone almost as soon as they arrived. We reserved a silver RTL which will be here ist week of April. They have refused any discount, however, other dealers in the area are bumping the price. I am satisfied with msrp.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Online inventories can be misleading. They don't account for vehicles in the process of being purchased. Call the dealers to find out the real status.

The dealer I bought mine from updates their inventory daily. They sold two Ridgelines earlier this week but their inventory still shows them available. They keep them up online until the buyer takes delivery.

·
Registered
491 Posts
like I posted...I got a $500 of MSRP on a NAV model offer. I refused..I don't see why a 35K vehicle...mind you a truck, should only be $500 off. I'll wait until gas goes up...they'll be dropping. If I were them I'd be worrying about selling anything with low gas mileage about now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good move on waiting. I am doing the same. With gas prices rising, people will be more cautious about purchasing a larger (heavier) vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered a red RTL yesterday.
The dealer offered MSRP but dealer cost on the accessories.
They originally had 4 and are now down to one......and that one is a really gussied up silver. I think that it has every accessory the factory makes on it :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts