Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
372 Posts
Currently, we have a 2016 odyssey with the 6speed and a 2021 RL. I love how snappy is the throttle in the Odyssey. If you aren't careful it will spin those tires easily, especially in a turn.
Now the RL when you gun it, pulls harder than the minivan. The additional gears and power are doing a great job.
I prefer the 9speed over the 6speed. It gives me more control over the gears. The 6speed is very limited.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
372 Posts
Andrew8404 said:
“…Only have 400 miles on the Ridgeline so far but smooth as butter…”

Lwlkr1992 said:
“… When I test drove my Ridgeline, it was like a Cadillac..."

Harvey Wall said:
“…I drove the vehicle in all conditions including on the interstate, both merging and passing, as well as slow traffic, rough side streets etc. I was aware of how the vehicle handled before I decided to buy it and was satisfied with how it performed..."

Legeis said:
“… I also know that I have no issues with the transmission or how the truck merges in traffic or the eco mode...”

OmahaJeff said:
“…I find the transmission just about perfect both for daily driving and for towing..."

NoelPR said:
“...Now the RL when you gun it, pulls harder than the minivan. The additional gears and power are doing a great job.
I prefer the 9speed over the 6speed. It gives me more control over the gears. The 6speed is very limited.”

Andrew8404, Lwlkr1992, Harvey Wall, Legeis, OmahaJeff, NoelPR, Gentlemen, has any of you ever driven your 9 speed Ridge in the S mode? If so could you describe the drive for me in traffic or on and incline? What mode do you usually drive in? Has any of you ever taken the vehicle on a highway where the speed limit is 75 mph or above, on flat terrain or up an incline and then found it necessary to overtake another vehicle in your lane? If you proceeded without paddle shifting manually, could you please describe how the vehicle performed with engine revs, gear changing, and accelerating?
I use D without ECO 99% of the time. Love to engine brake using the paddle shifter, so I use them every day.
S just to have fun at a stop light to allow the trans to start rolling from 1st gear.

To keep it simple. S will maintain the revs at a higher level. It will feel more responsive but at the expense of more gas. Gear change performance will remain the same. Doesn't compare to other cars.

I come from a Lancer Ralliart with a Dual Clutch transmission. That transmission when set to S-Sport will perform differently. More bite on gear shifts, quicker shits, etc.
The Ridgeline S mode doesn't do any of that. Just keeps revs higher. Nothing else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts