Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
2,005 Posts
Because you waited so frickin' long that the sale is over:( The PC22 is for all Gen1 RLs and the PC72 for all Gen2's. See the link in post 171.

My wife doesn't know about half of what I buy...far better that way and we're going on 35 years😂
I trained my wife years ago to adopt the phrase, "Yes, sir!" and she is still here today. Lucky lady, eh?

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
2,005 Posts
Because you waited so frickin' long that the sale is over:( The PC22 is for all Gen1 RLs and the PC72 for all Gen2's. See the link in post 171.

My wife doesn't know about half of what I buy...far better that way and we're going on 35 years😂
PC22 or PC72?

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,661 Posts
Reactions: F6Hawk

·
Registered
551 Posts
While I don't yet own a Ridgeline, its on order.
I have test driven 3, and borrowed a friends for 9 days, they all accelerated just fine, and were quickly up to highway speed.

If too sluggish engage sport mode, or at least leave in regular mode, and push harder on the throttle pedal.
I've noticed that what some people call sluggish, is caused by their failure to stomp on the right pedal.
Floor a Ridgeline, and it will accelerate darn fine.
Not Ashely Force drag car quick of course, but more than respectable for a pickup.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Floor a Ridgeline, and it will accelerate darn fine.
Put on a PC or an SB and see if it makes you grin cheek to cheek...you slamming the accelerator to the floor won't do that. If you're happy with the throttle and the throttle lag, then all you have to do is enjoy your RL...you'll just never know what you are really missing ;) It's crystal clear from several comments that most of you just don't understand what this thing truly does and think that pressing the pedal harder will accomplish the same thing...it will not.

Reactions: WB77

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ok. I just started lurking the thread again after nursing my wounded hands from replacing the broken fog light and I guess y'all talked me into it. placed order for the PC.
So help me if its as hard to install as what I just went through my ghost will haunt all of you after I pass. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Ok. I just started lurking the thread again after nursing my wounded hands from replacing the broken fog light and I guess y'all talked me into it. placed order for the PC.
So help me if its as hard to install as what I just went through my ghost will haunt all of you after I pass. ;)
Mark, if you can't install the PC in 2 minutes or less...may GOD help you my friend 😂

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mark, if you can't install the PC in 2 minutes or less...may GOD help you my friend 😂
I could always use more of His help.
Im pretty experienced at replacing the entire pedal assemblies of Freightliners from the 90s which took all of 20 minutes because they had to be unbolted. Freightliner apparently didn't think those needed to last more than a year. Im sure this will be faster since it doesn't appear to even need any tools.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I could always use more of His help.
Im pretty experienced at replacing the entire pedal assemblies of Freightliners from the 90s which took all of 20 minutes because they had to be unbolted. Freightliner apparently didn't think those needed to last more than a year. Im sure this will be faster since it doesn't appear to even need any tools.
Unplug the throttle electrical connector...then attach that one to the T-Harness and then the other side back to the pedal. That's it...could take you less than 30 seconds if you're good!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ok. I just got my PC today. Install was about 5 minutes because my big hands really don't fit above the throttle pedal but I didn't draw any blood.
In my short test drive it does what y'all said it would. I only tried city and sport both with the gain turned up to three and my nearest comparison is that its like driving with the throttle response of the transmission being in S but with the shift points of D.
I will experiment a little more in the morning when traffic is lighter. Its still the tail end of rush hour here.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Ok. I just got my PC today. Install was about 5 minutes because my big hands really don't fit above the throttle pedal but I didn't draw any blood.
In my short test drive it does what y'all said it would. I only tried city and sport both with the gain turned up to three and my nearest comparison is that its like driving with the throttle response of the transmission being in S but with the shift points of D.
I will experiment a little more in the morning when traffic is lighter. Its still the tail end of rush hour here.
Thanks for sharing. So I guess, the excess pedal travel to get some propulsion is reduced but is it jerky even at a low setting? I don't think it can do anything for the trans though because mechanically it going to take the same amount of time to downshift or upshift but with the reduced pedal travel it may make it feel like it's all happening quicker which helps.. I tried normal driving in sand mode and although the response was better I didn't find it to be smooth.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Thanks for sharing. So I guess, the excess pedal travel to get some propulsion is reduced but is it jerky even at a low setting?
There is nothing "jerky" when using the PC at all. I have determined that City +3 is the perfect setting for me. Nice and smooth and eliminates throttle lag...what a HUGE joy to drive now 😃

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for sharing. So I guess, the excess pedal travel to get some propulsion is reduced but is it jerky even at a low setting? I don't think it can do anything for the trans though because mechanically it going to take the same amount of time to downshift or upshift but with the reduced pedal travel it may make it feel like it's all happening quicker which helps.. I tried normal driving in sand mode and although the response was better I didn't find it to be smooth.
Im going to have to do a little more driving with it to come up with a good evaluation but at first experience it is a little jerky but not like driving in sand mode.
I suspect a big part of this is just getting used to the pedal feel though. If one was to drive in sand mode all the time Im sure one could get used to it and adapt which would make it less jerky. I had the same experience when I spent two weeks driving around in S. Two days in and I was able to modulate the throttle so there was no jerkiness.
In city mode on the PC and the gain set to 1 or 2 there's a total elimination of delay from the throttle and the jerkiness is very minimal and I was adapting my pedal modulation after just a quick two mile drive already to these two settings and the jerkiness disappeared by the end.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
When I drive even a new, or different, vehicle the feel of the accellerator just seems to come naturally? I don't think I would feel comfortable having to "adapt?"
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
When I drive even a new, or different, vehicle the feel of the accellerator just seems to come naturally? I don't think I would feel comfortable having to "adapt?"
Bill
Mark mentioning "jerky" is getting WAAAY blown out of proportion. After only a few minutes of driving, you will find it far more enjoyable and nothing jerky about it. For me, I never felt it to be "jerky" as most others have not either. It's just different because the pedal can be programmed to react faster than normal which is the full intent of a PC or equivalent device. With 36 possible setting, there isn't a person on this forum that could find its sweet spot.

Reactions: 14v6

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mark mentioning "jerky" is getting WAAAY blown out of proportion. After only a few minutes of driving, you will find it far more enjoyable and nothing jerky about it. For me, I never felt it to be "jerky" as most others have not either. It's just different because the pedal can be programmed to react faster than normal which is the full intent of a PC or equivalent device. With 36 possible setting, there isn't a person on this forum that could find its sweet spot.
You're correct I just can't think of a more descriptive word. perhaps sensitive but the feeling is different and can catch one a little off guard is all Im trying to convey here. Throttle by wire setups always feel unnatural to me.
Im really over-sensitive to every little aspect of driving and how a vehicle feels. I have an unnatural obsession to try to master every vehicle I drive even if I will only be in it for a day.

·
Registered
22 RTL-E
180 Posts
As with most AT there is the hesitation due to the surprise acceleration. One case would be slowing down in a left turn lane then gunning it to shoot a gap. Not fun when there is a significant hesitation. I'm assuming this can't be overcome and is just a function of the transmission finding the right gear, but thought I would ask.

181 - 200 of 215 Posts