Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that a certain Service Director in a certain dealership has taken great offense and has accused me of "compromising" my dealership for helping my ROC family. While people of his attitude don't intimidate me, I do have to think of my job and feeding my family not to mention I would never intentionally compromise anyone or anything. I asked my AHM Rep a question for a ROC member as a personal request from me, not taking any action on the issue whatsoever, just asking so I could pass along any useful information. Apparentley the information has been twisted to sound as if our "dealership" was trying to help in some way. I apologize if I led anyone to believe that I was doing anything but giving advice to the best of my knowledge or the help of friends here at Honda. Why this would be a compromise is beyond me. But in the interest of my working relationship with this individual, I feel I need to make my self scarce, at least my connection to AHM and the ROC. I hope you will all forgive me for trying to help when I didn't know I couldn't.
:eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ladyridge,

This is just another example of the downward spiral of managerial ineptitude in this country.

I, for one, feel that you have been a stellar example of the "real people" that work for AHM. You spoke (typed) from your heart, and expressed your feelings and opinions on the Ridgeline. It would have been all too easy to just quote the corporate rhetoric and try to counter any negatives expressed on the vehicle, dealerships, service, or AHM. You did not - You were honest and people respect that above all else!!

I will miss your charm and grace on this forum.

I wish you all the best for you and yours!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I second Dnucci. Could not have said it better. Please inform your management that if anything, you have promoted the Ridgeline and influenced the sale of this line in a positive manner. If Honda is such a respectable and solid company, they should have nothing to fear from one voice in their hierachy. This is what the USA is all about, and what our soldiers are dying for.

·
Registered
460 Posts
ladyridge, surely you can still carry on with your presence as an owner on this site? that should not be an issue...............ive always appreciated your inside info, etc..............just don't ask them squat. who turned it around, employee at the dealer or honda rep? what an ass!
don't go lady ridge. we enjoy having you and this site, your ownership of rl, has nothing to do with your job........................see ya soon?? :eek:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
This is so much BS! I dealt with idiots like that all my life who do not know when someone's help is a benefit to all, including the corporation. You have that guy email me and I'll tell him a thing or two. On second thought, if your job is important enough, you had better not. I agree with Jeff, just carry on as an owner, nothing more and nothing less.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Even if you say goodbye, your presence will live on for quite a while with your more than 700 posts. So, there's not much point in saying goodbye unless you plan to get TMac and Zero to remove all of your posts. How about saying goodbye as your old self and saying hello again as your newer more aware self?

Best regards to you!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That blows. After 16 years in the corporate world, I had enough BS like that so I walked out and went into business for myself and have not looked back. Sorry to hear that someone feels you helping a customer is inappropriate. Good luck. Never let the man keep you down!

·
Registered
274 Posts
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on lunch"
"Illegitimati non carborundum"
ladyridge said:
It appears that a certain Service Director in a certain dealership has taken great offense and has accused me of "compromising" my dealership for helping my ROC family. While people of his attitude don't intimidate me, I do have to think of my job and feeding my family not to mention I would never intentionally compromise anyone or anything. I asked my AHM Rep a question for a ROC member as a personal request from me, not taking any action on the issue whatsoever, just asking so I could pass along any useful information. Apparentley the information has been twisted to sound as if our "dealership" was trying to help in some way. I apologize if I led anyone to believe that I was doing anything but giving advice to the best of my knowledge or the help of friends here at Honda. Why this would be a compromise is beyond me. But in the interest of my working relationship with this individual, I feel I need to make my self scarce, at least my connection to AHM and the ROC. I hope you will all forgive me for trying to help when I didn't know I couldn't.
:eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO.......

I know personally I would be more than happy to write a letter in your honor recognizing all that have you have done and what an asset that dealership has in such a dedicated employee. Just send me the name and address.

Selfish as it may be........Please stay

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I'm with JMT's two word comment. I would encourage you to stay on as an owner. Your value as a Honda employee was immeasurable, but I'm sure we would trade that in order for you to stay on as a active member of this forum, within the rules and constraints of your employer.

BTW not all managers are morons :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

I personally, and I suggest that everyone else on this site, value your contributions AS A RIDGELINE OWNER - PERIOD. The fact that you also happen to work for a dealership and hence have some contact with AHM has not at all been apparent or significant to your participation in and contributions to this site and its member owners or prospective owners. You have never represented yourself to be any different than any other Ridgeline owner. You have never used your position as an employee to seek or offer any special consideration from or to members. I firmly do not believe that you ever have or ever would "compromise" your dealership, much less interfere with another dealership. It is only very recently that I learned of where you worked and it was only mentioned as a side comment as many of us have mentioned where we work or what we do. I did get a clear message that you were very proud of doing what you do and that you hold the dealership where you work and AHM in the highest regard. Boy, do I ever wish that I could say that about the company that I just resigned from for exactly the opposite reason!

Your participation in and contributions to this site are very important to me, and I am sure that it is safe to say, all of the other members of this great ROC site. Your contributions as a Ridgeline owner have significantly added not only to the information and subject matter of postings, but to the fun and excitement of the entire ROC site as well. Your participation as a Ridgeline owner influenced my purchase decision and also has significantly added to my Ridgeline ownership experience. I am sure that I am not alone. Note that my purchase decision was made long before you mentioned or I had any idea about your occupation. I believe that it is really great that you, as an employee, believe in and are so excited about a product that your company sells. What better testimonial can one make? Someone that remains passionate about major new product from their employer in spite of having their share of new product issues and being able to see things from the inside says quite a lot. Your employer and AHM should put you on a pedestal as an example for others to follow. They can also squash and destroy something that is very special and is also very beneficial to them in ways that they can not quantify.

Regretfully, I respect your decision. If you have been asked to stop participating, while I strongly disagree with them, you have to do what is best for you and your family. God knows that I and others will miss you. I hope that we can still keep in touch.

God bless you and your fine family.

I wish you the best!

Bruce

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah.....just make a new identity,

let's all work on some names for Ladyridge.

How about...Ridgedforherpleasure :)

I'm sooo bad!!

Just post at home....that's all, Screw them!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
maybearidge said:
yeah.....just make a new identity,

let's all work on some names for Ladyridge.
The First Lady of ROC

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree about creating a new identity here. No references to work, job, etc. Just a new "Lady" persona here on the boards and we'll all figure it out.

Many of us value your opinion as an owner above your opinion as a customer service representative. Please don't go away!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If it wasn't for your contributions and those of some others, I wouldn't have a Ridgeline today. I was seriously leaning toward the much cheaper Canyon but based on all the information I went out and bought a Ridgeline. Honda should be worried about losing valuable insiders who can speak about the products with customers because they actually own them. Do you know how many times I have gone to a dealership to buy a car only to later see the salesmen drive out in a car not even made by that company? If you don't believe in it enough to drive it yourself, who are you to be trying to convince me to buy it?

It is sad that you feel pressured to stay away for the sake of your company, but few of us know where you really work (other than a Honda dealership someplace) and from the sounds of it, it isn't like we are going to necessarily meet up with you during our purchase anyway. How is it a compromise of your position to share the incites you have about your personal vehicle, some of which you may have the privilege to get because of your employment at a Honda dealership? It isn't like each of us couldn't get that same information from a friendly salesmen willing to go out of his way to keep your business or the management of some dealerships who bend over backward for their customers.

I have to ask if you have heard from your management or perhaps approached them about your personal activities to see if they have concerns with what you are doing. You may get some parameters about what you can and can not share, but I wouldn't think that they would limit you from even being part of an owners community. But at the end of the day, job first fun later. It is always important to remember that others are counting on your employment. Don't compromise yourself, make sure what you want to do isn't going to become an issue come review time or when they suddenly decide they have one to many people working at the dealership.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Mere words cannot express my feelings about this. :( Bless you and yours as you have been nothing but honest and forthcoming, and you are an asset to any community. What a loss... :confused:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts