Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made the decision to get the Ridgeline. I am ready NOW! Unfortunately, I am in Iraq, and I will not be home until mid January. If I was in the US, I would do whatever it took to get a Ridgeline in my driveway today. But as it is, I have to wait about 6 or 7 weeks. I know many of you experienced a wait between your decision and taking delivery of the vehicle. Any advice on how to pass the time without going nuts? I was thinking of ordering the ROC decal and putting it on a HMMWV, but I'm not sure that would help. Is there any way to download the owner's manual? That might help be pass the time.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Read every post on the ROC. :D :D :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Getting my Ridgeline was one of those rare experiences where the wanting was as good as the having. Enjoy both.

Play safe over there!

Gary P.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
We bought in July when there was sufficient inventory. Total time from walking into the dealership until driving out was about two hours. I looked at the other Hondas in the showroom including Parker Johnstone's Honda powered CART car and his Acura powered prototype sports racer.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
DobroDave said:
I have made the decision to get the Ridgeline. I am ready NOW! Unfortunately, I am in Iraq, and I will not be home until mid January. If I was in the US, I would do whatever it took to get a Ridgeline in my driveway today. But as it is, I have to wait about 6 or 7 weeks. I know many of you experienced a wait between your decision and taking delivery of the vehicle. Any advice on how to pass the time without going nuts? I was thinking of ordering the ROC decal and putting it on a HMMWV, but I'm not sure that would help. Is there any way to download the owner's manual? That might help be pass the time.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
I did a quick search and was unable to find a manual download, but I'll bet LadyRidge might be able to help on this one.

Wow! Baqubah...I have a great idea how you could pass your time waiting...Let us all know how it's going for you! Personal daily experiences there would be great for those of us who are relatively out of touch. And this would keep you in touch with the ROC community where you can learn just about anything you want to know about the Ridgeline...no manual necessary!

I hope everyone there has a positive outlook on the situation, and that the situation is positive itself. Keep us informed! Thanks!!

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dave,
Here is an idea for you.

1. Get a picture of the Ridgeline in the color you want to get and print it out. I'm sure you can find it on here or you can go to the Honda website. What the heck, get one of each color. That might help you decide if you are unsure.
  2. Get 6 pictures of your head in a size that matches the size of the Ridgeline you printed.
  3. Put your head in the window on the drivers side. Make it so you can see it thru the front window or the side window depending on the picture.
  4. Put that picture up and voila, you can see yourself driving your new truck.

Stay safe my friend.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
First, I'd like to say Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Thank You for the job you are obligated to perform where you are! :) You pass the time like we all probably did before we got ours, talk with your mates on this site and control your enthusiasm.

Now that I think back, I could have bought my Ridgeline in June but I was busy with some personal projects and work related training. I really didn't have time to do what I needed to do until the end of June. That is when I join THE ROC and took delivery of my Ridgeline on July 1 this year. Life is so sweet! ;) :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
We were driving home from our Titan test drive and my wife said “pull over and let’s go see the new Honda Pickup” So I pulled in went to the internet sales manager and asked to see a black RTS. He just happened to have one sitting there and we test drove it through some street construction around the corner from the dealer and that was pretty much what sold us on the Ridgeline. We drove it back and bought it! Took about ½ an hour with very little waiting.:p

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
DobroDave, First of all, Thank You for doing what you do. As to the manual, I received a very slightly revised version recently so I will be more than happy to send you my original copy. PM me with the address where I can send it and it will be on its way. I will also get a ROC sticker from T Mac and include it with the package if it doesn't delay things too much, but, ya' gotta take a picture with it.
Just kidding about the 'but' part, a picture would be fun if it is something that you can do.
We're looking forward your first post from home, probably not as much as you are. You can count on a warm welcome from the ROC.
I am sure that I am not alone in wishing you and yours the best and praying for your safe return.

·
Registered
70 Posts
DobroDave,

I spent some time in that region during Storm, Air Force. Thanks for carrying the torch. Are you short yet?

I pick my RIdge up tomorrow. I've been reading posts and checking out accessories. I am trying to sell my Dakota. I'm having night mares about wind noise and door locks!

Mostly, I am being grateful for where I find myself in life. I am a fortunate man.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Some how I ended up with 2 manuals. If I had known sooner I would have sent you one. Last I checked packages were taking more than 6 weeks to get to you guys so I don't think it would make it there in time.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I spent a great deal of time on this forum. I also went to the dealer's about every two days and climbed all over and under their show room model. I'm sorry you don't have the opportunity to do that. Let's be thankful that you have the internet that brings a piece of the world to you. Keep posting. We'll be glad to help you pass the time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dave: First, a BIG THANK YOU for serving our country. My Dad was a vet (WW2), and you guys don't get enough pats on the back.

I'd suggest you read mylong post on 'Internet buying your truck' under SHOPPING/TEST DRIVING. You could be getting quotes from dealers via the www...at your local Honda dealer, and seeing who has what on their lot. It is December, so dealers are salivating to sell during this 'holiday time'...when most people are out shopping for gifts like TV's and video games.

It will be a lot of fun 'betting' with your buddies which dealership is going to give you the lower quote, and that would be fun to pass the time away.

You can usually find your local Honda dealer quite easily...by tapping in www.XYZHonda.com (the dealers name). Or GOOGLE them to get directly to the web-site.

Also, figuring out which COLOR (there is a color-war going on with our members), and the base model. Your Local Honda Dealers should be willing to give you 'internet quotes' on all of the models they have (check SHOPPING/TEST DRIVING for dealers belonging to ROC).

Sorry all to keep 'hammering a dead horse' on the internet vehicle shopping issue. I think it is VERY important to be a saavy shopper and to know the lowest price the truck can be had for.
It's interesting many people just walk into a Dealership with minimal knowledge of how to get a good deal and later complain how they got 'ripped off'.

Good luck on negotiating and keep us all posted please!

L

·
0 Posts
I worked for a Honda Dealership at the time so I knew months in advance of it's arrival and had heard bits and pieces of it's progress all the while. MADE ME NUTS!! AND I made my co-workers nuts. So much that those who still are employed there are still trying to recover.:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
well as im still waiting as I have to pay off a loan before I can get mine I come to this site like all the time to read the every new post that is posted.

I also try to get all my friends to buy any honda/acura car, truck, suv that they make.

I cant wait to see the RDX

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Flymuck - I'm trying to read them all. Lots of great information.

RidgeOwner3 - Things are going well for me. It doesn't hurt that I've only got 6 weeks left on a 52-week deployment. I am a staff officer, so my life here is pretty dull. Most of my personal daily experiences are with PowerPoint. Probably not what you were looking for. I'm a bit reluctant to express my personal views on how things are going here, because it seems like a no-win proposition. Soldiers who speak positively about the situation here are considered to be either brainwashed or coached. Soldiers who speak negatively about the situation provide the media with more ammunition to use against the President. I'm not interested in contributing to either. I will say that morale in my unit is high, and that we have accomplished a lot of great things in our year here. We've also had a number of Great Americans give their lives so that their children might grow up in a safer world. I would be willing to address specific questions...

iROC - Thanks for the link to the owner's manual. That will certainly help pass the time, and shorten my learning curve. Does it include instructions on the Nav system? I'm particularly interested in that.

RidgeInTheVille - That was funny. REALLY FUNNY! I had to laugh out loud, and when I regained my composure, I told the 4 other guys who work in my office. It got a hearty laugh out of everyone. Arts and Crafts is not one of my strengths, but maybe if I get really bored...

Ultra-HOG - PM on the way.

paguard - Thanks for your service. I did some time in the NJ Guard before I entered active duty 10 years ago. I'll be home in a little over 6 weeks, but it looks like I'm sticking it out until retirement. Don't tell my boss, but I love this job.

kahnartist - Thank your dad for me. WW2 vets are truly the greatest generation. I've done most of the internet stuff you suggested. Stay calm, but I've decided to LEASE this vehicle (that always seems to get people really worked up), and the dealerships do not yet know what special lease deals Honda will be offering in Jan. So it will be a while before I can nail down prices. I'm planning on making the deal in late Dec, so I can have the vehicle waiting for me when I get home. Already decided on color and base model (blue and RTL with Nav).

Thanks for the kind words from everyone. Looking forward to talking to everyone again soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts