Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ex installed a newer version of the INA-W900 it's about 4 years old and I can't remember if I used the DVD player since I get it back but he would have hooked it up. There is a switch connected to the radio and we had to flip the switch to activate the DVD player. does anyone have this set up? How do I get it to work? Seems like I've tried everything and I can't get the DVD player to work. Or what should I do to troubleshoot? The rest of the options work. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
There's a bunch of ways to "fool" the e-brake sense on DVD players, so without knowing what method was used, there could be a sequence required to trick the Alpine into thinking the vehicle is parked w/e-brake engaged.

You've probably already searched but just in case... there's a series of youtubes out there on this topic.

I get why people want to by-pass this safety feature but doing so is risky on a several levels. Cops look for videos in play while vehicles are in motion - and the distraction risk speaks for itself - so whatever you do, BE CAREFUL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM75vfewGDw

1 - 2 of 2 Posts