Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I know many folks that bought Subaru's because Honda did not have nice colors except on the S2000 and Type R.
I liked the 1st year Ridgeline colors - there was a real red, blue, and green. They killed the red on the second year and the green on the 4th and the blue on the 5th.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Honestly I wasn’t crazy about the look when I first bought my 2019 RTL-T either. It has really grown on me. Now I see the G1’s and I like the look of them now too. For what it’s worth, and I can’t really explain why, the truck looks beefier IMO with a roof rack installed.
Wonder how much a roof rack might increase wind noise.

·
Registered
156 Posts
After I put roof racks with cross bars on mine they didn't really seem to increase wind noise much at all. I leave the sunroof cover open and that lets more noise in than with it closed but even that doesn't seem bad to me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It definitely increased the wind noise for me, but I almost drove entirely with the windows down and sunroof open so it’s not as noticeable to me. Windows up you will definitely hear increased wind noise - no way around it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It definitely increased the wind noise for me, but I almost drove entirely with the windows down and sunroof open so it’s not as noticeable to me. Windows up you will definitely hear increased wind noise - no way around it.
I'll likely opt for the tamer look vs. more noise. I mean I'm a rough guy and all, but one that enjoys personal comfort.

·
Registered
41 Posts
After I put roof racks with cross bars on mine they didn't really seem to increase wind noise much at all. I leave the sunroof cover open and that lets more noise in than with it closed but even that doesn't seem bad to me.
Depends on the placement of the crossbars. If I am hauling the kayaks they are separated to front and back positions. When not, I move the front bar back as far as I can. Big reduction in noise. My only complaint is that you have to disassemble the rack to remove the crossbars. If I could remove them easily, I would.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Depends on the placement of the crossbars. If I am hauling the kayaks they are separated to front and back positions. When not, I move the front bar back as far as I can. Big reduction in noise. My only complaint is that you have to disassemble the rack to remove the crossbars. If I could remove them easily, I would.
Yeah, the crossbars are not a good design, i think they're too high as well. I wanted to get the aero Thule crossbars but they were somewhere around $500

41 - 49 of 49 Posts