Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I know many folks that bought Subaru's because Honda did not have nice colors except on the S2000 and Type R.
I liked the 1st year Ridgeline colors - there was a real red, blue, and green. They killed the red on the second year and the green on the 4th and the blue on the 5th.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Honestly I wasn’t crazy about the look when I first bought my 2019 RTL-T either. It has really grown on me. Now I see the G1’s and I like the look of them now too. For what it’s worth, and I can’t really explain why, the truck looks beefier IMO with a roof rack installed.
Wonder how much a roof rack might increase wind noise.

·
Registered
261 Posts
After I put roof racks with cross bars on mine they didn't really seem to increase wind noise much at all. I leave the sunroof cover open and that lets more noise in than with it closed but even that doesn't seem bad to me.

Reactions: Pleease

·
Registered
67 Posts
It definitely increased the wind noise for me, but I almost drove entirely with the windows down and sunroof open so it’s not as noticeable to me. Windows up you will definitely hear increased wind noise - no way around it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It definitely increased the wind noise for me, but I almost drove entirely with the windows down and sunroof open so it’s not as noticeable to me. Windows up you will definitely hear increased wind noise - no way around it.
I'll likely opt for the tamer look vs. more noise. I mean I'm a rough guy and all, but one that enjoys personal comfort.

Reactions: DOB

·
Registered
77 Posts
After I put roof racks with cross bars on mine they didn't really seem to increase wind noise much at all. I leave the sunroof cover open and that lets more noise in than with it closed but even that doesn't seem bad to me.
Depends on the placement of the crossbars. If I am hauling the kayaks they are separated to front and back positions. When not, I move the front bar back as far as I can. Big reduction in noise. My only complaint is that you have to disassemble the rack to remove the crossbars. If I could remove them easily, I would.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Depends on the placement of the crossbars. If I am hauling the kayaks they are separated to front and back positions. When not, I move the front bar back as far as I can. Big reduction in noise. My only complaint is that you have to disassemble the rack to remove the crossbars. If I could remove them easily, I would.
Yeah, the crossbars are not a good design, i think they're too high as well. I wanted to get the aero Thule crossbars but they were somewhere around $500

·
Registered
293 Posts
I REALLY want to buy a Ridgeline. This truck checks just about every box I’m looking for.

I REALLY don’t like the way the Ridgeline looks. It. Looks. Terrible. It’s an Odyssey with the back cut off, full stop. I marvel at how Honda is so good at making great products, and so bad at not making them look terrible.

Please share ideas and images. How do you make a Ridgeline Look Good??? The truck brings a lot to the table. I want to look at mine everyday and think, ‘That is a good-looking ride...’
The Ridgeline is actually a Pilot with the back cut off. But I digress. Investing in something that's everything you want with looks not being considered is one very valid reason why so many marriages last a life time. Do you want a truck that works for you or do you want something that other guys drool over?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I disagree with those who say that looks are not an influencing factor in buying a car or truck. How many of us would love to own a sexy sports car like a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or even a Corvette - based on looks alone? I can't imagine that the comfort or practicality of any of them come close to a standard sedan, and how many of us are going to take them to a track to experience the exhilaration of their power? But damn, do they look good!

But looks are subjective and everyone must select the features most important to them for the money they are going to spend. To be honest, I don't think that pickup trucks are inherently beautiful vehicles. They are utilitarian machines that range in appearance from ugly/ridiculous to not too bad looking. I think that my Ridgeline is not too bad looking, and I prefer it to pretty much all of the alternative "butch" vehicles that have inferior ride/comfort and excessive capabilities that I would never use. I primarily chose the RL for its superior ride, spacious interior, practical features, gas mileage, and advanced safety & electronic features - and pickup capabilities for those times when I need it. Probably the only appearance option that was important to me was the beautiful Deep Crimson Pearl color. That said, I applaud and support those whose priorities include a butched-up appearance to accompany the awesome features of the RL. Just as I could care less what non-RL truck owners think of my vehicle, who am I to care what a RL owner does to personalize their vehicle. When you come down to it, what you think of your vehicle and how it looks is all that matters.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The Ridgeline is actually a Pilot with the back cut off. But I digress. Investing in something that's everything you want with looks not being considered is one very valid reason why so many marriages last a life time. Do you want a truck that works for you or do you want something that other guys drool over?
Things don't always have to be black OR white...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Things don't always have to be black OR white. I'd make an analogy but don't want to offend anyone :)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my case, I am the beholder. My Black Ridgeline is beautiful to me and fits my needs perfectly. It rides nice, is easily maneuverable, can haul most stuff I need to haul and has all the creature features I need on a truck. It's easy to get in and out of, it handles well, fits nicely in my garage and gets me from point A to point B in a safe manner. Frankly I do not give a d**n what others think about it. Although the black does show dirt, I think it gives the little truck a more rugged masculine look that I really like. Black is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Looks good! But I think I would prefer it not lowered. I really like those TSWs. How is the tire selection in 20" size?
Thanks. I don't go off road and I'm not a big fan of a two fist wheel gap when you only have 2-4" of shock travel. I'm still able to drive through 30cm of sh\now without any issues. So I'm happy with the drop thus far. But as I always say To each his own.?

I never really looked further than my usual tire manufacture. Cooper tire had the 20" summer tires that I was looking for, so I bought them no questions asked. Didn't shop around. The load rating is not the same as the OEM tire. I don't think they are a LT tire, they are a bit lower. However, the speed rating is 3x higher...lol Besides, the only thing that goes in the back of my truck is maybe a couple hundred pounds of tools and parts and hockey gear once a week. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where, pray tell, did you place the front cross bar? If in front of the moon roof, move it behind. I do NOT hear any noise.

·
Registered
542 Posts
How about adding some patina?
Buff through your paint until the primer shows through.
Maybe a little surface rust.
Some pentimento lettering on the doors from a speed shop or garage.
Fuzzy dice.
Skull shifter with glowing eyes.
Baby moon hubcaps and beauty rims.
Lake pipes.

·
Registered
293 Posts
How about adding some patina?
Buff through your paint until the primer shows through.
Maybe a little surface rust.
Some pentimento lettering on the doors from a speed shop or garage.
Fuzzy dice.
Skull shifter with glowing eyes.
Baby moon hubcaps and beauty rims.
Lake pipes.
I did all that to mine yesterday. (Not really) ? But I did install hydraulic shocks so I could lower it to within 1 inch of the ground. (Again not really) :rolleyes: Why fix it if it ain't broke.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts