Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I disagree with those who say that looks are not an influencing factor in buying a car or truck. How many of us would love to own a sexy sports car like a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or even a Corvette - based on looks alone? I can't imagine that the comfort or practicality of any of them come close to a standard sedan, and how many of us are going to take them to a track to experience the exhilaration of their power? But damn, do they look good!
I would never buy a vehicle based on looks alone, for me it's almost completely irrelevant. The only caveat to that would be something like the current CTR or STI with the big ironing board on the back, it's over the top and attracts unwanted attention, so it takes them off my buying list right then and there, that and I loathe sedans. Subaru needs to bring the hatch, back. But I'd never buy anything on looks alone. As a driver, #1 is how it drives. How it accelerates, corners, and stops. How is the chassis feel? It's the power hydraulic or is it EPS, do I get feedback on what the tires are doing through the wheel. How stiff is the chassis, how good is the suspension tuned? So many things that push looks further and further down the list. When you drive a car, it's from the cockpit. It's not a video game where you are in 3rd person view. And to me what it looks like, well strangers are going to be seeing it and strangers don't pay my bills. The last thing I care about in the entire world is what strangers or neighbors think of my vehicles, they don't pay for them.

Then there is driving it. I do go to the track a few times a year, on 4 wheels and 2. When I'm not doing that, which is most of the time, I'm out hitting my local twisty roads on the weekend. So I would say if you buy a Ferrari, Lambo, or Vette to drive to work, hit the Starbucks or sack meal drive thru, park it at the mall, I'd say one it's your money. But why? Totally defeats the purpose of buying the thing in the first place if you don't have some roads where you can use the power, the brakes, the handling, or some kind of road course to do the same, or both. This is no different than the guy who goes out and buys a F250 diesel then uses it as a commuter to get to his office job. Uses the bed once a year and doesn't tow anything. I don't get that because I'm not in the image life. I think image life is a joke but do realize most people it's their way of life.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the Ridgeline looks fine. I do wish Honda would ditch the chrome on the widows and handles though. I wrapped the chrome on mine with black and replaced the chrome handles with body colored ones. Beyond that it's a neat looking vehicle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I originally was looking at Tacoma’s as they seemed much more truck like to me even though I was a Honda/Acura guy all the way. The Ridgeline just didn’t look right to me. However my wife kept saying let’s look at the Ridgeline. I begrudgingly did and wasn’t sold initially. We looked at the Tacoma’s and they are not comfortable and not laid out well. After the wife kept pestering me with all the advantages of the Ridgeline I agreed to look at them again. Got a 2019 RTL E and couldn’t be happier. Love the looks of it more every day. Best decision I could have made.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I originally was looking at Tacoma’s as they seemed much more truck like to me even though I was a Honda/Acura guy all the way. The Ridgeline just didn’t look right to me. However my wife kept saying let’s look at the Ridgeline. I begrudgingly did and wasn’t sold initially. We looked at the Tacoma’s and they are not comfortable and not laid out well. After the wife kept pestering me with all the advantages of the Ridgeline I agreed to look at them again. Got a 2019 RTL E and couldn’t be happier. Love the looks of it more every day. Best decision I could have made.
Same here. It was a close match but the RL won.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Paint some really cool flames up the hood & down the fenders. Then some big circles on the doors with your favorite number inside. I like the number 8 so if I flip over it will still be number 8

·
Registered
87 Posts
I disagree with those who say that looks are not an influencing factor in buying a car or truck. How many of us would love to own a sexy sports car like a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or even a Corvette - based on looks alone? I can't imagine that the comfort or practicality of any of them come close to a standard sedan, and how many of us are going to take them to a track to experience the exhilaration of their power? But damn, do they look good!

But looks are subjective and everyone must select the features most important to them for the money they are going to spend. To be honest, I don't think that pickup trucks are inherently beautiful vehicles. They are utilitarian machines that range in appearance from ugly/ridiculous to not too bad looking. I think that my Ridgeline is not too bad looking, and I prefer it to pretty much all of the alternative "butch" vehicles that have inferior ride/comfort and excessive capabilities that I would never use. I primarily chose the RL for its superior ride, spacious interior, practical features, gas mileage, and advanced safety & electronic features - and pickup capabilities for those times when I need it. Probably the only appearance option that was important to me was the beautiful Deep Crimson Pearl color. That said, I applaud and support those whose priorities include a butched-up appearance to accompany the awesome features of the RL. Just as I could care less what non-RL truck owners think of my vehicle, who am I to care what a RL owner does to personalize their vehicle. When you come down to it, what you think of your vehicle and how it looks is all that matters.
Damn, Woode....Reading your response is like reading something I would write..."what I like, is what I like"...IF you do not, that's ok too....Just keep it to yourself....As Rhett would say, Frankly, good sir, I don't give a damn...Or something like that...lol

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
53 Posts
It is ok to like how a lifted Tacoma looks, and also like how a Ridgeline looks. They are just different. My friend has a cool Tacoma, but when I get in it, I'm glad I have a Ridgeline.
My wife wanted me to buy a friggin F250! She grunted when I brought the Ridgeline home. Now she wants to trade with me for her Mercedes! No way baby.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,255 Posts
Those are Sport wheels, right? My 2019 RTL wheels are OK....but I like the Sport type a little better.
The RT, Sport, and RTS (which is no longer produced) all have the same rims but have different finishes. The RTs have a machine finish, the Sport has a painted dark-gray finish, and the RTS has a highly polished finish.

RT trim

Sport trim:

61 - 74 of 74 Posts