Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 RTL and the gps stopped working because of either a disk or reader error. I don't currently want to spend time or money repairing or replacing either, but the screen is giving me the disk error message while I drive, none of the buttons work (I can't even run a diagnostic), so I was wondering which cable I have to unplug or fuse I have to remove in order keep the screen from coming on, while also still having access to the 6-disk CD player? Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've have the same issue with my 06 RTL due to a stuck/corrupt CD in the changer. For me it wouldn't allow closing the Navi screen as it was hung up in eject mode but not ejecting the disc. I decided to forgo dealing with the CD issue and preferred to have NAVI capabilities since the XM radio still works.

I tried pulling the fuses and reconnecting the connectors but no success. So after pulling the fuses to reset the system, I forced the screen shut several times until the Navi screen asked for the code and it has worked since. I plan on replacing the entire system in the future but you have to research due to so many HONDA proprietary issues to work around or simply rewire. I hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts