Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2011 RTL w/ Nav. I recently moved and I wanted to update the "Home" on the GPS, but I can't figure out how too. I checked the manual, but it did not have the answer.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
It's been a couple years since we moved but I think it is through SETUP

Our Civic navi should be the same....
I was wondering the same when we moved and after hacking on it for a bit I think it was through the setup menu that I changed it.

:act024:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had been struggling for a long time and had given up being able to edit my saved locations. I saw the part about the "setup" section on here and tried it this morning. Now all is changed. For the amount of time I spent trying to figure it out, I dont know how I couldnt find the way...

I changed my home address to a place near my home(a park). This way if someone steals my truck, its a little harder to get to my house since there is a garage door opener in the truck..

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yeah, also, there will be several pieces of paper, like registration that you have to keep in your car, maybe even insurance card, that will have your name and home address on it. Whotcha gonna do about those? Change them to park too?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, also, there will be several pieces of paper, like registration that you have to keep in your car, maybe even insurance card, that will have your name and home address on it. Whotcha gonna do about those? Change them to park too?
Actually I keep my registration in my wallet. A few weeks ago while on vacation my companies owner had his car broken into at the airport. The vehicle is registered through the business, so that is the address that is listed on papers. The only 2 things stolen from the car, was a key ring with the business keys on it, in the center console, and the vehicle registration. We had the locks changed at work just to be safe. Nothing in my truck lists my info. The park is a 1/4 mile from my house, so its not like having it route it there for me leaves me not knowing how to get home. I have had my portable GPS's, and the truck list my home before without any problems, but why make it easier.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That's fine. My state gives registration sheets that will fit into a purse, not a wallet. I used to mark out all addresses on registration and insurance cards. Even called Safeco and suggested to stop placing addresses on cards. Deaf ears.

·
Administrator
19,591 Posts
Here in Texas, only commercial vehicles are required to carry a registration receipt. Several years ago, I was pulled over in Louisiana while trying to get back on route after taking a wrong turn. To the police officer, I may have looked drunk or suspicious while trying to find my way back. He asked for the usual license, registration, and insurance. I handed him my license and insurance. He asked again for my registration. I explained that only commercial vehicles in Texas were required to carry registration. We got into a mild argument about it. I don't remember the exact conversation anymore, but I remember popping off to him that he obviously didn't know anything about Texas law. He popped off about writing me up for reckless driving, failing to signal, failure to yield, failure to stop, speeding, etc. I told him that was absurd and there was no way he could prove any of that because it didn't happen. He ended up writing me a speeding ticket and tailgating me for several miles afterwards waiting for me to violate the law. I got the speeding ticket discharged and filed a harassment complaint with the Bossier City PD. There have been sooo many members of law enforcement and other public servants here in East Texas arrested for drugs, murder, and sex offenses in the last year or two that it makes it tough to trust them.

Back on topic, I set my home address in my navigation system, but I protect it with a 4-digit PIN. My insurance card and license are always in my wallet - not my glove compartment.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Here in Texas, only commercial vehicles are required to carry a registration receipt. Several years ago, I was pulled over in Louisiana while trying to get back on route after taking a wrong turn. To the police officer, I may have looked drunk or suspicious while trying to find my way back. He asked for the usual license, registration, and insurance. I handed him my license and insurance. He asked again for my registration. I explained that only commercial vehicles in Texas were required to carry registration. We got into a mild argument about it. I don't remember the exact conversation anymore, but I remember popping off to him that he obviously didn't know anything about Texas law. He popped off about writing me up for reckless driving, failing to signal, failure to yield, failure to stop, speeding, etc. I told him that was absurd and there was no way he could prove any of that because it didn't happen. He ended up writing me a speeding ticket and tailgating me for several miles afterwards waiting for me to violate the law. I got the speeding ticket discharged and filed a harassment complaint with the Bossier City PD. There have been sooo many members of law enforcement and other public servants here in East Texas arrested for drugs, murder, and sex offenses in the last year or two that it makes it tough to trust them.

Back on topic, I set my home address in my navigation system, but I protect it with a 4-digit PIN. My insurance card and license are always in my wallet - not my glove compartment.
You were stopped in LA by a LA cop? Why does the lowly LA cop need to know TX traffic law? TX traffic law doesn't apply in LA, LA traffic law does. If LA law says you need to carry it, then you do in LA. Like if TX says every vehicle on a public road needs to have insurance, you can't say, "Well my car is registered in NY so F*ck you Texas!" Or if the speed limit in TX is 85MPH but 65MPH in LA, it's not a defense to say, "Well, my car is registered in TX, so I can drive 85 MPH here in LA too." It's highly likely I'm missing something in your story because I ain't all that smart, but I don't get your reasoning.

Not to say your description of the cop's actions weren't foolish and, possibly, worse. But how did your reaction to his stupidity help anything?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts