Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid [email protected]#$% pine trees! How do you clean pine sap off your paint (specifically, paint on plastic - my side mirror)? I tried a toothbrush with soap, detergent, etc., with only limited success. Maybe this was because I was afraid of scrubbing too hard and scraping off the paint. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tim

·
Registered
406 Posts
About a week after I got my truck, I drove through some glue or I don't know what. It left large, gooey spray tracks behind all four wheels that didn't clean up with standard cleaners. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol and a lot of clean towels to remove it with no noticeable effect to the paint.

·
Registered
635 Posts
WD40 works well too. It also works great for getting grease, oil or gum off of fabric. When we get oil on carpets of airplanes I find WD40 works better than most spot removers, I use a clean terry towel WD the spot rub it clean with the towel, follow up with isoprople alcohol, no more spot.

It also works well on laundry if you have a grease spot hit it with WD and throw it in the washer, it works just like it says on the can.

PS. I think the stuff is a terrible lube, it is glorified kerosene, but it's great for cleaning or displacing moisture.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Ever tried Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll second the tar&bug remover,if you can't get try a little kerosene works just as well but make sure to wax the area regardless of what you use

·
Registered
648 Posts
Came back from boodocking last week. Found noodles of pine sap dripping down one side of the Ridge. Tried WD40, but it required too much elbow grease. Tried Goo Gone and it worked super.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
cfl19 said:
log on to griotsgarage.com
they have tons of cleaning supplies all kinds of cool stuff :)
Yea, my dad's hotrodding buddies get the griotsgarage catalog mailed to them and I've flipped thru it too! Tons of great car care stuff. I love the little yellow plastic goody that keeps the hose from getting stuck under yer tires when your buy yourself. Really handy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts