Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im ready to get a new vehicle and have decided on the ridgeline, probably getting a 2011 to 2013 rtl. Ive done some research but cant seem to find specific answers so here I am lol. First question is, using a combination of new wheels and tires, how much of a lift could you get on a ridgeline? Using new wheels and tires and installing the 2 inch lift kit, how much lift? Lastly, how is the ride on some of these setups?

thanks

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I can't help you but do a search on this site, I recall several threads on lifting and mods that may help. I'm not a lift guy, IMHO, the RL was not built to be lifted like other trucks due to it's drivetrain design, but it's obviously being done safely.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
From what I've read, you'll get 2" max (many are 2" front, 1 1/2" rear, which is referred to as a 'leveling' kit, since it removes the normally inherent 'rake').

There are those here who have installed lifts with no problems whatsoever, and there are others who have experienced nightmares (premature axle failure, etc.)

Most of us are content with stock set-up, but if you really need the added clearance, you'll be able to get a 2" kit no problem. Beyond that, you're looking at no-kidding custom modifications.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
With lifts that are available on the market, 2" is all you'll get. Add another 1/2 inch to an inch with bigger tires if they fit or you want to make them fit, you may be able to get 3" all together. You may require doing modifications to make the 3" happen.

·
Registered
431 Posts
With lifts that are available on the market, 2" is all you'll get. Add another 1/2 inch to an inch with bigger tires if they fit or you want to make them fit, you may be able to get 3" all together. You may require doing modifications to make the 3" happen.
This about covers it, 3in is the max your going to see. I've got 2in lift with almost another inch from tires(285/50/20) which I had to do some trimming of inner fenders and grinding of the pinch weld in the fender to make them fit without rubbing. My RL sits pretty good now, its as tall if not even taller than some older full size trucks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
This about covers it, 3in is the max your going to see. I've got 2in lift with almost another inch from tires(285/50/20) which I had to do some trimming of inner fenders and grinding of the pinch weld in the fender to make them fit without rubbing. My RL sits pretty good now, its as tall if not even taller than some older full size trucks.
Pretty much the same here.. achieved a full 3 inches with the lift and running 245/75/17 tires. Removing front mud flaps and grinding the pinch weld was required for the rubbing.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Scotty, if you're looking for a lifted truck, you are making a mistake starting with the Ridgeline.

If you poke around here on WFM, you'll find that people do 2" lifts and with some mods, add slightly bigger tires. Some folks report good results, and a number of people report having problems, including frequent driveshaft replacements - that's the sort of thing you'd expect, as all a lift on a Ridgeline really does is uncenter the driveline within it's existing range of travel. Unlike a conventional body on frame truck, the lift kit for a Ridgeline does not add travel, or recenter the drivetrain around the new, lifted height. And the lift doesn't help you add larger tires - you'll need to modify the flaps and grind the pinch welds regardless of whether you install a lift kit.

Seriously, if "how high" is your first question (and it was) buy a Tacoma or other conventional, body on frame truck - you'll be much happier.

F

1 - 9 of 9 Posts