Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Ridgeline from a Honda dealership when it was 3 years old with 12,000 miles on it. Now my Ridgeline is 11 years old with only 70,000 miles on it and still drives like a brand new Ridgeline so why buy a new Ridgeline. I'm 62 years old and couldn't be happier with my Honda. I can see this will be my last vehicle.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Too funny. I bought mine new. RTL. Has around 90,000 miles on her. I've kept up on all the services and then some. She's kept in a garage. Drives like new. I'll be 66 this year. I quess I'm going to say this Ridgeline is the last new vehicle I'll be buying. And I love her. Has done a great job for me driving some pretty bad weather. Got me home every time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ah, I'm 71 and will log another in September. Can't say if I could go back ten years I'd be saying this is my last, truck/car/motorcycle. I understand your love for your truck but you may find you outlive your imaged life expectancy. I did. And I'm happy for it. Really a motorcycle guy and just bought a new Goldwing. I fully intend to wear it out.

Rocking chairs on porches are for those with low expectations.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Ah, I'm 71 and will log another in September. Can't say if I could go back ten years I'd be saying this is my last, truck/car/motorcycle. I understand your love for your truck but you may find you outlive your imaged life expectancy. I did. And I'm happy for it. Really a motorcycle guy and just bought a new Goldwing. I fully intend to wear it out.

Oh I'm not willing to give up. Have spent many days in hospital due to being a type 1 diabetic since birth. And I'm still standing. My brother in law says I'm working life number 15 never mind 9.

I just don't think I need another new vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Black Edition AWD
25 Posts

...And I'm at 81, looking at 82 in a couple of months! Took delivery of my 2021 RL BE three months ago, and LOVE it... Traded an F-150, and couldn't be happier. I've already made several mods, most importantly the idle stopper, the VCMTuner2, and the Fumoto oil drain valve. Access Lorado tonneau cover, self-installed as well. Yeah... This will probably be my last new truck.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I love my bali blue 2012 RTL as well, but there is always the allure of new or different vehicle. The only issue I have is each wheel shows some corrosion/bubbling near the valve stem. I've heard about taking a dremel tool to the wheels, but I'll have to research it more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought my Ridgeline from a Honda dealership when it was 3 years old with 12,000 miles on it. Now my Ridgeline is 11 years old with only 70,000 miles on it and still drives like a brand new Ridgeline so why buy a new Ridgeline. I'm 62 years old and couldn't be happier with my Honda. I can see this will be my last vehicle.
I purchased my 2012 last August with 129,000 highway miles and it never saw a Western Canadian winter. According to Scotty Kilmer, that equates to 13,000 city miles. It runs like a top but I was required to do all the fluids multiple times along with the water pump (and all relevant pulleys + idler), timing belt, drive belt and thermostat. I just had the spark plugs replaced and valves adjusted at 136,000 miles. Although way overdue, the original plugs were operational but they looked tired. I hope to keep this vehicle for ten years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts