Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sort of think this was asked once before but I can't find it in the search. Anyway, we have a lot of new members now so I would like to find out what everyone's plans are with their Ridgeline.

I have been retired 10 years and do not put many miles on my trucks as I use to. Actually, I am lucky to see 10K a year and most of that is short trip stuff. Chances are I will go 5 years/50,000 miles so my next vehicle will be around 2010 or so and will do that again a time or two until I am no longer around or can't drive. If the Ridgeline continues to perform as it has been doing, my garage may never again see anything in it except a Ridgeline.

So, what are your situations and plans?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Provided it lasts as well as I expect a Honda to, I'll likely keep my RL for many years - 6 to 8 perhaps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We have a '92 Accord, a '94 Accord, and an '88 New Yorker. The Ridgeline is supposed to be the replacement for my New Yorker, but since I don't want to drive the Ridgeline in the neighborhood where I work, the Chrysler has become my work car and I use the Ridgeline at night and on weekends.

As you can see, I keep my cars for quite a while. I would expect that the Ridgeline will probably be with me for the remainder of my years. That's assuming that something else doesn't come along that I simply MUST HAVE!

·
Registered
218 Posts
My son has our '91 Accord with 130K on it and it is still going strong. My wife thinks her '99 Accord Coupe is just about perfect and has no desire for anything else. I feel the same way about my Ridgeline. I've had GM, Chrysler and Nissan products (company vehicles) and was always, on the way to or from the shop, wanting something else. I've never felt that with our Hondas. I probably will not look for another vehicle until 2020 and by then I probably shouldn't be driving anyway.

·
Registered
256 Posts
FOREVER!!!!!!! My 91 Accord has 220K miles and run like a champ.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I tend to run vehicles a long time, so I'm planning to get 10 years out of my RL. We have a 02 Odyssey, 99 Miata, and a 79 MGB so I should be out of the car shopping business for quite some time. Now all I gotta do is cancel all the car magazines to reduce "new vehicle fever".

ps. the MGB has never stranded me.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The plan is to run it until it doesn't run anymore...

ALthough a Hybrid Ridgeline might change my mind. We'll see what they do.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Probably until they come out with a Hybrid version, assuming there's enough upgrades in the intervening years.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Right up until someone gives me $10,000 more than I paid for it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
When/If a hybrid comes out, I will trade mine in for one. The next time around I will wait a few months after they introduce it before I get one. I was one of the first ones here (Northern Nevada) to have one.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Until it dies. We plan to see if all the comments about Hondas running fine on 200,000+ miles are really true.

·
Registered
127 Posts
shortspark said:
I sort of think this was asked once before but I can't find it in the search. Anyway, we have a lot of new members now so I would like to find out what everyone's plans are with their Ridgeline.

I have been retired 10 years and do not put many miles on my trucks as I use to. Actually, I am lucky to see 10K a year and most of that is short trip stuff. Chances are I will go 5 years/50,000 miles so my next vehicle will be around 2010 or so and will do that again a time or two until I am no longer around or can't drive. If the Ridgeline continues to perform as it has been doing, my garage may never again see anything in it except a Ridgeline.

So, what are your situations and plans?

I love my Ridgeline to death, I really don't have plans to ever buy another car/truck/SUV as long as I live. I know this sounds crazy, but I ride Motorcycles and put the majority of my miles on two wheels. The Ridgeline is only for when it rains and snows. Since I'm trying everything in my power to move back out to san Diego my truck may sit and barely get 5K a year on it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
If you get back to San Diego look me up and we'll get together

·
Registered
127 Posts
bonerep said:
If you get back to San Diego look me up and we'll get together

No Problem, just had a small kink in my plans today. I was able to transfer within my company b/c I am not the only one here that is responsible for hardware, just found out this morning, the only other person quit. :mad: I'm still working angles though. I really really miss San diego :cool:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I had my F150 for 8-1/2 years, so I expect I'll have the RL longer. I'm shooting for 10 years, but a lot of things can change in that amount of time. I'll just have to wait and see. My son is 9, so going off to college in 9 years may earn him a slightly used RL and his Dad a new one.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts