·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm still on a Honeymoon with my RL but was wondering... :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
Me too Steve. Not sure if I can ever get rid of Lady Ridgena. But I can tell you this. If and when I do, I'll get another!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have already been informed by my daughter, who turns 13 this weekend :eek:, she will be taking my truck from me when she gets her license!!

All things considered, I can think of a lot worse than her driving a "then" 4 1/2 year old Honda Pickup as a first vechile!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I tend to keep my Hondas 'till they hit around 250,000 miles.

This one will probably stay in the family for good since it's a truck and trucks are always handy to have. I'll probably drive it as my primary for 3-5 years, then buy whatever new Honda/Acura toy catches my eye.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
When my wife and I decided to buy two new Hondas, we agreed they would be 'ten year' vehicles.....so we will see...I probably will want to upgrade in a few years...but for now, I am enjoying it too much! (I may keep it long enough to pass on to my son in about 13 years when he can drive....)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
My intention is to keep the vehicle until the 7 year 70k mile warranty wears out, same with the Civic which will put them again at 2 years apart for purchases. At 7 years they will probably each have just about 50k miles on them so hopefully they will be good trade bait for my next new Honda. Depending on finances, they may last longer or shorter. Given all the utility in this vehicle, I am guessing this will last longer than the Civic, if a new Hybrid vehicle with more interior comfort but equal gas mileage comes along I may trade up earlier.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My recent history has always been to buy new every 2 years (or less). However, based on my initial 3 months of ownership, I have a feeling we could be together for much longer. My wife and I are already discussing keeping it as a 3rd vehicle when I get tired of driving a truck. Like everybody else, I'm enjoying it too much to even think about the next purchase :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not knowing what other vehicles will be introduced in the next 10 years or how the long-term reliability/maintainability of the Ridgeline (I'm guessing it will be good) it is hard to tell. I guess the current plan is 6-10.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My previous car was a 99 Honda Accord EX Coupe. It currently has 120K miles on it and it seems to be just getting warmed up. When I bought my RL, I gave the Honda to my sister. I think my plan with the RL will be similar - drive it for 5-6 years, hand it down to a family member, and then decide what to purchase next. I do love my truck, but I don't know what my mindset will be in six years. I might go with another Ridgeline (maybe the 2012 V-8 :)) or maybe go back to a coupe... Or I might be laden with a bunch of kids by then and have to buy a mini-van (gasp!).

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
It depends on what else comes on the market, preferably from Honda.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I've had one new vehile every year for about 10 yrs... one year I had 2 :)
Jury is out on the RL.. I like the vehicle, not fond of Honda service, so perhaps if they respond to my issues, I may keep this one past a 1 year mark.
Also getting married again this year so it may be harder to spend ;)

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
TheRidgester said:
Also getting married again this year so it may be harder to spend ;)
Truer words were never spoken :) Congratulations and best of luck to you and yours.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I do not put many miles on my vehicles. I retired in 1995 to the country and now that a new supermarket is just 10 miles away I don't see using my Ridgeline very much. I buy new and only own one vehicle at a time (and always trucks). My last was a '99 Dodge with 59,000 miles on it and I traded it for the Ridge. However, now that I am getting a little older I don't want to hold on to a vehicle for a long time (or at least much past the warranty period). From this point in my life forward, I intend to get a new truck every three years or so - and a new golf cart every 5 years!! If I was really young I would run this sucker till it died!

·
Registered
51 Posts
at least 10 years assuming it remains trouble free. i try to hold on to vehicles that long as i love having a vehicle for years without having to make payments. i also try to stagger the purchase on 2 vehicles(we have an 00 ody). since this has good capabilities in the snow maybe even longer. we were effectively a one car family during winter for the past few years since i didn't like drivng my saturn in the snow.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hell, i had to make a deal with the wife on this one. In the past 10 years I have had 4 new full size truck. The last one a Nissan Armarda in which I had nothing but trouble with. Hopefully this truck will be maily trouble free for many years too come. I am still on the honeymoon period, and I think its going to last along time. This one great truck. :D

·
Registered
996 Posts
Dnucci said:
I have already been informed by my daughter, who turns 13 this weekend :eek:, she will be taking my truck from me when she gets her license!!

All things considered, I can think of a lot worse than her driving a "then" 4 1/2 year old Honda Pickup as a first vechile!

I can't think of a better vehicle to keep your daughter safe. Not only has it got all the safety features, it's got the size and mass that adds to the safety. Hopefully she won't use that size and mass against somebody else.

I'm keeping mine until I trade it in on Ridgeline that's a 350 hp, V8 hybrid with 10 inches of ground clearance, and has 4 lo.

I guess I'll be keeping it for awhile.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts