Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

How Many Of You Ridgeline Owners Have Personalized Plates?

• I have personalized plates

Votes: 80 43.7%
  • I do not have personalized plates

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • I'm no fun and I don't care to answer either way

Votes: 4 2.2%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see alot of custom Ridgeline plates, so i think this would be an interesting poll. If you have plates on order, you can go ahead and vote that you have personalized plates. Also, if you have personalized plates and want to show them off (and feel comfortable enough to do so), you may do so here. My avatar is my plate.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Ours describes our most treasured activities: Going places in our new truck with our dogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I wanted something that would set mine off from all the others as I know that this truck's popularity will take off. Wife & I have had custom plates on our vehicles for 12 years or so - changing plate names as we change vehicles. Last truck was a 2003 Dodge Cummins RAM - plate was 59L CTD (5.9liter Cummins Turbo Diesel), so it made sense to me to "state the obvious" and order the plate to match the truck!

-ridgeln

·
Registered
529 Posts
We don't actually have the plates yet, we have them on order. We are having an Emergency tag made with hubby's Ham Radio Operator call sign. We just put Emergency tags on the son's Accord since he is active in Civil Air Patrol and I have a tag that is not personalized but it is a speciality tag that is "Friends of the Smoky Mountains". It has the Ridgeline of the Smokies outlined. Son is begging me to get Emergency tag also for that car since I qualify (Level 1 Trauma Center Emergency Response Team) but I kinda like my Smokies tag.

The tag going on the Ridgeline with the call sign is black and white, which will go nicely with the black Ridge.

This is a fun thread, can't wait to see the posts!

L

·
0 Posts
Yup...sure do. Have had personalized plates since 90. My first plate was JTTA..Jim, Tony, Tina and Andrew...my four kids before I adopted number 5. I, like Ridgeln, changed with every car. I have all 6 of them still.
Great poll idea. This should be fun. I hope nobody picks the 3rd choice..that would be sad. :(

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
ladyridge said:
I hope nobody picks the 3rd choice..that would be sad. :(
Well we have one person that's no fun as somebody picked it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have one and have had it for years -- my husband's nickname for me -- snoooz -- still have the original blue with yellow letters California plates -- not available anymore, sadly.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Yep,
Our (my wife's) tags are "My Ridge" - California plates.

Didn't I see a previous thread where people posted their plates???? . . . or was that on the S2000 site (I'm asking myself)?

If we don't have one here, we should . . . it's a great way for folks to get (steal) ideas for "Ridgeline" specific plates . . . . since we're all from a bunch of different states, you can find one that's already used - but not in your state!

Good idea?? :)

L

·
0 Posts
Dnick said:
Yep,
Our (my wife's) tags are "My Ridge" - California plates.

Didn't I see a previous thread where people posted their plates???? . . . or was that on the S2000 site (I'm asking myself)?

If we don't have one here, we should . . . it's a great way for folks to get (steal) ideas for "Ridgeline" specific plates . . . . since we're all from a bunch of different states, you can find one that's already used - but not in your state!

I think posting the plates themselves is widespread throughout the forum. Some are private in wanting their's kept off the public forum and to each his own. I, on the other hand, don't find it dangerous to post my plate. WHY?? A million people see mine on the highways and byways every day. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hull Speed It's a sailing term... It means, "Going as fast as the vessel can" due to the length of the vessel at the waterline. (physics!) In this case, "as fast as the lack of law enforcement allows" :D

Attachments

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
That's fine, and that's your decision. Everyone has to weigh the risks they are willing to take with their own lives.

I find it unnerving how easy it is for an evil person to use my plate number to find out who I am and where my family lives. Limiting Internet exposure helps. I've been threatened with bodily harm more than once by someone over the Internet. My brother has had his identity stolen twice. It's just a topic that's a little too close to home.

Back to this thread - you folks have some great plate ideas.

L

·
0 Posts
shovelhd said:
My brother has had his identity stolen twice. It's just a topic that's a little too close to home.
I guess we all look at things differently when we have had something happen to us like that. Hey Chris....did your brother find out who did it??

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Dnick said:

I obviously think it's a good idea as I posted mine right away. This seems like the perfect thread to do that in.

WhiteRTLnav, go back into your first post and invite those comfortable with it to do so, OK?

Shovelhd, I had pause before posting mine. I'd obscured my previous plate. The bad guys in the world sure can make a person nervous. But I came to the same conclusion as LadyRidge. I love my plate and it certainly sets our RL apart. I hope none of us are taken advantage of because of our decisions to be more open with personal details. Identity theft is a real and horrific problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had my plate since 1995 it says STV NIX
As you can tell I am a big Stevie Nicks Fan:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
WhiteRTLnav said:
I see alot of custom Ridgeline plates, so i think this would be an interesting poll. If you have plates on order, you can go ahead and vote that you have personalized plates. Also, if you have personalized plates and want to show them off (and feel comfortable enough to do so), you may do so here. My avatar is my plate.
Didn't until this morning
:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
That's perfect, Banjo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OLEJEDI here. OLDJEDI was already taken.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My plate says RXHIL, bet you never would have guessed that huh? :D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Although I answered 'no', I do have them on order! hope to have them by the beginning of the year!:D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts