Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the thread about the upcoming iPod adaptor for the Ridgeline and was curious: how many songs do you have on your iPod?

I'll go first :). 566 songs, 2 days, 2.90 gigabytes

(I hope this is an appropriate thread for this forum. If not, my apologies.)

cheers,

·
Registered
774 Posts
3992 songs plus my contacts.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yowza Bonerep! Nice color, by the way.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yeah Baby:D I love my IPOD and have spent way too much money filling it up. Only 4000 songs to go.....Green means go right?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go and keep going! I only have 566 songs and last spring I drove from Boston to Tennessee and back and didn't here the same song twice (I had an iPod hookup in my old Trooper). You could probably drive to the tip of South America and back and not hear the same song twice. Ridge Road Trip! Green would blend in nicely with the jungle...probably be identified as a new species. Who knows, you might make the cover of Scientific American. Be on Oprah. Letterman. An Apple billboard with a picture of you and your Ridge just beneath Machu Picchu with the tag line, "Think Different".

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Mine is from a local service I called Davester... it was my spinoff of napster. I went to all family and friends and borrowed all there cd's and made one heck of a colletion. I have more than than I could even listen to in a year! Last I checked it has close to 6000 songs, but all summer I probably listened to about 50 of them? Cant wait for the Honda adaptor so I can explore the Selection abit more!
I hear its free to share music, so far metalica has not contacted me to shut down the service :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I have over a thousand. I'd have to go look to be exact. I've also got a couple of thousand photos from Canada stranded on it because iPhoto is giving me fits and I can't upload the photos to my computer. Big bummer.

I've got the 60 gig so I have a lot more room on it. I love my iPod.

Yes, this is appropriate to this forum. Having the iPod port was definitely one of the selling points for us to get the RTL. I think it should have been included in all the trim models.

We got the Ridgeline in part so that we could have a fine ride for our anniversary trip to the Canadian Rockies a couple of months ago. It was delightful to have the iPod on shuffle. We had three weeks on the road and only a few songs repeated, due to the randomness of the shuffle function.

Now we have XM again and I'm not using the iPod in the RL as much.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sheesh...I'm a real rookie!
Originally posted by Truckin'
I've also got a couple of thousand photos from Canada stranded on it because iPhoto is giving me fits and I can't upload the photos to my computer.
Sorry to hear that, Truckin'. I know that iPhoto can be finicky at times. The pictures must be beautiful. I drove from Banff to Jasper on the Icefields Parkway in my Trooper.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Thanks for the sympathy. I keep hoping for a fix, but so far none of the things I've tried has made it better. It's the first time I've ever had any negative impressions of an Apple product.

Isn't the Icefields Parkway something to behold? I am so thankful that we made this fabulous trip. I've been editing some of the photos from Banff tonight and it's brought back some vivid memories. We must go back. . .

To tie this into you iPod topic: It's a good thing I have my iPod to dump my photos into. I am such a prolific shutter clicker that I fill up my memory sticks often. Had I been just relying on dumping them into my computer, I would have been toast after week one.

The iPod is a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I will go against the norm, I do not own an IPOD, nor will I ever. I personally have nothing against them, but for some reason I have no desire to get one. I guess XM and my six disc changer will have to do :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Truckin' said:
I keep hoping for a fix, but so far none of the things I've tried has made it better. It's the first time I've ever had any negative impressions of an Apple product.

Isn't the Icefields Parkway something to behold?

To tie this into you iPod topic: It's a good thing I have my iPod to dump my photos into. I am such a prolific shutter clicker that I fill up my memory sticks often. Had I been just relying on dumping them into my computer, I would have been toast after week one.
If you haven't already, you may want to visit Apple's website. They have good support forums: http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=143, and here is another place for tips: http://www.apple.com/support/iphoto/.
As a last resort you may want to think about reinstalling iPhoto.

I agree, the Parkway drive was filled with some of the most beautiful sites I've ever seen and I hope to go back

Good luck with iPhoto, Truckin'.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gpruchniewski said:
I will go against the norm, I do not own an IPOD, nor will I ever. I personally have nothing against them, but for some reason I have no desire to get one. I guess XM and my six disc changer will have to do :)
That's cool. I wanted to get the XM, but with installation it would have been around $800 as an accessory, plus the subscription. I have an RTL, but couldn't get the XM because it comes with a moonroof and I need the headroom. For me, the iPod adaptor will be the "cheap" way to go. Enjoy your XM!

·
Registered
127 Posts
iROC said:
That's cool. I wanted to get the XM, but with installation it would have been around $800 as an accessory, plus the subscription. I have an RTL, but couldn't get the XM because it comes with a moonroof and I need the headroom. For me, the iPod adaptor will be the "cheap" way to go. Enjoy your XM!
I'm just the opposite, I got the XM because I wanted the Moonroof, XM and I are fighting right now, I'm afraid it may be turned off soon, but I'm enjoying the comedy channel everyday I drive it for now. Take Care

·
Registered
112 Posts
Truckin' said:
Thanks for the sympathy. I keep hoping for a fix, but so far none of the things I've tried has made it better. It's the first time I've ever had any negative impressions of an Apple product.

The iPod is a beautiful thing.
First off, are you doing this on a Mac or a PC?... have you tried reinstalling iTunes?... and an important question, is this the same computer that you synched your songs from?.. if not, that might be the problem.

As an aside, I would reccomend against using the iPOD as a photo storage/backup device. It's fine for slideshows for the gang, but you really should only be putting photos onto it from your computer, not the other way around. There are far better devices to backup your images with when out shooting.

I've just got a nano and a shuffle, so I can't fit all my songs on... :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
I only have around 850 songs on my iPod. It's about1/3 of our CD collection.

My hubby initially said he did not want an iPod... but after playing with my, he's all for it :) It's much easier than trying to change the CD's. So I got him one for his birthday which is 3 days after Christmas :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Halabar said:
First off, are you doing this on a Mac or a PC?...
I am a Mac fanatic. I haven't used a PC in over a decade. I'm not having any problems with iTunes or any other program. It's just iPhoto that has a cramp. I've emptied and rebuilt my library along with a long list of other suggested methods to try getting it to work.

I bought the iPod Photo specifically for temporary storage of photos in the field with the intent of dumping the photos right into my laptop every night. I could not do that once iPhoto started to malfunction. I'm not happy with the situation. I'd be even more upset if I hadn't also taken a grundle of photos the old fashioned way.

iROC, I've worn out the advice on the boards and I've spent several hours with online tech support. When I have the energy to delve into it again, I'll go the rounds and hope to stumble upon that magic fix.

The good side is that none of this mess impedes my ability to use the iPod for music or my computers for anything else I normally do on them.

I'm feeling guilty about hijacking this thread about music on the iPod. If anyone has other questions or suggestions about my iPhoto woes, please PM me. I would be eternally grateful to find a way to fix iPhoto. It's a great program when it works properly.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Truckin' -

So which side of your bumper do you have the sticker: "You can have my Mac when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers"? If I had the sticker, it'd be on the right side...

Have you decided whether or not you're going to get Aperture? Mine is on order, and I added 500Gb of storage to my G5 tower (in RAID 1 config) to FINALLY assimilate all of our digital photos into one place (wife and I both have Canon 20D's). We end up taking at least on laptop on vacations with us and dump photos to the laptops rather than iPods due to similar issues w/ iPhoto.

Now - back to the thread:
# of songs (all at 128) - I've lost count - I've got a 5GB Gen 1, 40 GB Gen 4 and shuffle. The Shuffle I use the most - for when I run. The Gen 1 still works, but the battery life is only about 2 hrs. My boys now use it. The Gen 4 has somewhere around 15 GB filled w/ music. The Shuffle gets music put on and off all the time (right now, I've got Larry The Cable Guy's albums on it - laughing is good for the soul and the soles).

-ridgeln

·
Registered
383 Posts
2803 songs 7.2 days of music, the majority ripped at 320kps on my 40GB Ipod. I also have a 6GB one that I use as my rover that is jammed full of music most of the time, but can be quickly emptied and used for large file transport if necessary.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts