Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ridge is nearly 9 years old and 154K miles. I'm starting to think about replacing it and hoping Honda doesn't wait too much longer to release a new one.

So I'm wondering how old and how many miles everyone has when they replace their Ridgeline?

·
Administrator
17,178 Posts
2007 Ridgeline - bought new and drove it a little over a year and 18K miles before trading it in on a new Infiniti G35. Just got an itch for a faster, more luxurious vehicle.

2010 Ridgeline - bought new and drove it about 4 years and 54K miles before trading it for my 2014 Ridgeline. No major issues - just wanted a "fresh" copy to hold me over until the next generation came out.

2014 Ridgeline - bought new - currently just under 1 year, 4 months old with 17K miles. If the 2017 Ridgeline gets a center armrest instead of the seat-mounted armrests, I'll buy one. If not (which is probably the case), I may keep the 2014 until the 36K warranty is up then buy a non-Honda vehicle. I'm not 100% certain just yet - much of my decision hinges on the next generation Ridgeline.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,602 Posts
'Just waiting for the new ones to be introduced. By that time my 08 will have nearly 300,000 miles. No real problems with her but I have never driven any vehicle I've owned past 400,000 miles.

In the high 300,000s ordinary items in a vehicle start wearing out. I've replaced ignitions, door locks, door and window moldings. I'm not ready to start doing that with my RL. It's been very good to me and that is why I want another one.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My 2007 is 9 years old and 62K. Funny thing is when I bought it used, my then 7 year old granddaughter commented how much she liked the truck. I responded that she could have it when she turned 15. I thought she would forget, but no dice. My wife says I have to give her the truck when she turns 15. I guess I will be shopping around in 4 plus years. I figured I may be able to find a high mileage new model by then.

·
Registered
156 Posts
1) I had a 04 Civic Si Hatch 5 speed with the euro shifter under the radio with the K20 block. It was a great car but we were having twins so I needed some space. I traded in on a 06 RTL with 82k. I drove that truck until 120k with no problems. When i moved i thought i needed a bigger truck with the workload in our new area so i traded the RL in for a 03 F-350 6.0 turbo diesel 4 door, long bed and lifted on 35 mts. Yeah, big difference..

2) So after a year with the big diesel the justification of keeping it and using it for whats its worth just wasnt worth it. I think i was in a teenager state of mind when i bought it but being so big it was wasnt practical for taking trips in longer than an hour. And being diesel the damn thing was expensive to maintain and operate. So long story short i sold the F-350 and went back to an 07 RTL and couldnt be happier. I have used the RL more for everything than i have the diesel. Yes it was nice and it got alot of attention but it was not practical. If the new gen RL isnt up to all the hype ill most likely buy a nice used 14 and call it done.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bought my '06 in 2010 with 45k miles on it. Has 114k now. I'm hoping to get another 3-4 years out of it, at which point it will have somewhere around 200k. Right now I'm all in on replacing it with a Chevy Colorado, but if Ford does indeed bring the Ranger back, that could change (especially if they put the 2.7 Ecoboost in it)!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Bought new in "05" have 104,000 on her. Still goin strong, hope the new Gen2 looks like a todays world TRUCK otherwise I'm outta here. I'll buy a 2014 RL or move on but dont want what I already have only newer. Plan on towin my side by side and gear around more and dont like what I have to much now. They should have made a body style change a couple years ago and kept everything else. Looks means a lot to me in a truck along with performance. Cant wait to see that new Gen2, kind of thinkin it might be pretty wild, lets hope.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Got 104k on mine and plan on keeping her till at least 200k, which will be another 5-6yrs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bought new in 2005. Replaced in 2014 at 110,000 after timing belt replaced and one catalytic converter failure. The Honda mechanic replacing the cat actually put my hood right into a pipe in the shop ceiling. Yes they replaced the hood after confirming they could not repair it.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I'm expecting 300K miles or 15 years, whichever comes first....

I've only got 160K on it now, so expect to time out at 15 year mark.... might keep it a wee bit longer if she's still looking & feeling good.

I am in sunny So Calif., so that makes it easier to keep 'em longer.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
My Goal is Driving it into Retirement, or another 13 years or so. That's hoping it doesn't get t-boned, stolen, or some other incident. At the rate I'm putting miles on I should have about 200,000 miles by that time. I'm averaging about 7500-8000 per year, and although I changed my timing belt early this [email protected] 123 months or 10yr-3mo, I'm considering not changing it again several here suggest it can go well past the 7yr -105k miles, so I'll be putting that to a test, I just doubt anyone will still be around here on the ROC to get back to on my results. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,860 Posts
I've had my 2008 RL (bought new) for 7+ years and 98+k miles. Short of losing my RL to a wreck (like my T100), I expect to be here 7+ years and another 100k miles down the road.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I generally run my vehicles about 160K-190K miles before replacing it, but my RL only made it to 47K - due to purchasing a fifth wheel.

It was a good buggy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got mine from wife who got a new vehicle, she got tired of waiting for new model. We bought it in 2007 and it's had excellent maintenance and has 253k miles and runs like new.it still has the original cat and I am glad she got a new vehicle lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hell everyone. I have been blessed with a 2006 Black Pearl Ridgeline RTL with 152,000 Miles. Excited about the new ones coming out too. The only concern I have is the things I've read about the radiator fluid. No issues, but cant share the feeling I should have it checked.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I only have 42K on a 2010. I plan to keep it until it is not economical to run it any more. With a Honda, in general, that could be a very long time. I wear the truck like my favorite sneakers. :)

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,860 Posts
I only have 42K on a 2010. I plan to keep it until it is not economical to run it any more. With a Honda, in general, that could be a very long time. I wear the truck like my favorite sneakers. :)
Ditto here with 99k on mine. It's in such great shape that I'll probably keep it for many years to come.

Of course if I win that $900 MM lotto, I might have to buy something new. Maybe a Corvette... but maybe something easier to climb into and with a grab handle on the driver's side A pillar too! I wish Honda would figure out how to make that happen, just like they have on the passenger side.

And while I'm here, I also vote for that 9.5" GC too. I had 9.3" GC on my old T100 and that was extremely nice to have when working under the truck. But I did need nerf bars to help climb up. That grab handle on the A pillar was very helpful for that purpose! (of course if they did that, Honda would have to figure out a new jack instead of that piece of crap jack they currently put in the gen 1 RL).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Same - keeping it until uneconomical to operate, no year or mileage limit. 2006 with 165k, lots of life left. Solved the GC issue with lift and tires: 8.2" stock -> 10.2" lifted -> 10.5" with lift and 245/70-17 tires. I thought the chainsaw handles in the door were for hoisting up into the cab?

After the first flat I threw in a sway-bar with a 22mm impact socket and a bottle jack with some 2x4's. Always retorque the nuts after any tire shop visit, very few use a torque wrench instead of a rattlegun for tightening.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Cradle to the Grave.
I always keep my vehicles from the time I purchase until the time I crush them.
I have never sold or traded a vehicle, that's just how I roll.
I know the maintenance history and someone in my family could always use a spare/backup if theirs is in the shop.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Ditto here with 99k on mine. It's in such great shape that I'll probably keep it for many years to come.

Of course if I win that $900 MM lotto, I might have to buy something new. Maybe a Corvette... but maybe something easier to climb into and with a grab handle on the driver's side A pillar too! I wish Honda would figure out how to make that happen, just like they have on the passenger side.

And while I'm here, I also vote for that 9.5" GC too. I had 9.3" GC on my old T100 and that was extremely nice to have when working under the truck. But I did need nerf bars to help climb up. That grab handle on the A pillar was very helpful for that purpose! (of course if they did that, Honda would have to figure out a new jack instead of that piece of crap jack they currently put in the gen 1 RL).
Yeah, I don't know why they could not have included a handle. Considering the thickness of the pillars it would have made sense to have folding ones. Good point on the shaky jack too.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts