Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Honda Ridgeline with 3.5L engine.
It was running smoothly up till now, but the a c compressor clutch just failed yesterday.Is it a common problem for the car?
Either way, the dealer is quoting me $300 to replace a new ac clutch .Does this sound about right? Or am I getting hosed?
But I see honda ridgeline ac compressor clutch repair kits for sale at $60.5 with free shipping at HexAutoParts.com
What's the price of your Honda Ridgeline ac compressor ? $60 or $300?
Any help or a point in the right direction to find one would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have a 06 Honda Ridgeline with 3.5L engine.
It was running smoothly up till now, but the a c compressor clutch just failed yesterday.Is it a common problem for the car?
Either way, the dealer is quoting me $300 to replace a new ac clutch .Does this sound about right? Or am I getting hosed?
But I see honda ridgeline ac compressor clutch repair kits for sale at $60.5 with free shipping at HexAutoParts.com
What's the price of your Honda Ridgeline ac compressor ? $60 or $300?
Any help or a point in the right direction to find one would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Yes, I would go to an independent shop. It shouldn't take them longer than an hour to change it. When you change only the clutch, the a/c system does not have to be discharged and recharged. If you bring your own part, they won't provide you with a labor warranty. I would price the repair somewhere else besides the dealer.

Brand new clutch

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver
122 Posts
If your independant shop uses an aftmk clutch assy, they probably have experience on which one to use. Randomly buying the cheapest one you find on the 'net may increase failure rate.

·
Registered
2007 RTL Steel Blue
420 Posts
If you plan on keeping the truck, go with an original Honda clutch assembly. Aftermarket AC parts seem to be hit or miss when it comes to long-term quality...why pay to do it twice. Also, make sure that the independent shop has the equipment to recharge the system. Reason is...Some vehicles do not have enough clearance to get the clutch off of the compressor without removing the compressor from the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts