Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until I got my RL, I never really noticed them in my travels. Since I got mine, I almost always see another one in my travels about town.
Today for example, on a quick trip to Home Depot there were at least 6 including mine on the road.
3 were in the HD parking lot & I was not searching.

With the low Canadian production levels, I wouldn't expect to come across that many on the road.
FYI I'm in Toronto population < 3 million the GTA is just under 6 million.

How about you?
BTW, is there a special wave or nod you give to other RL's on the road?

·
Registered
374 Posts
G1's, all over the place.

G2's, I see one or two regularly.

One time in the Lowe's parking lot, there were three G2's all at once! A regular convention.

·
Registered
2019 RT Ridgeline ~ Luna Silver
447 Posts
Never see G1’s. I never noticed G2’s before I bought one. Now they are popping up everywhere. My wife says the same thing... ? has

·
Registered
959 Posts
Gen 1 and Gen 2 super common here. Even have a twin truck to mine on the same street!

If I ever see one in a lot I park next to it.

I think I had the second Gen 1 in town and while I never see any of the old trucks I had I still see what was likely the first Gen 1 here. It has a distinct decal on the box that is meant to make it look like it has lower bed sides like a traditional truck.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I see the G1 a lot more here local,a few of them not local, G2 I see at least 6 local. Going to the bush cabin its a toss up, I see 3 or 4 G2s on a three hour trip vs any newer Taco, Colorados or anything thing else in the RL class. Just had a long talk with a fellow cop thats interest in my RL hes looking into one and going shopping for one soon.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Very infrequently either, seven months since purchasing our Ridgeline, we have seen maybe one or two a month, mostly G1 than G2, and have yet to find another obsidian blue, actually that goes for G2 green and red also.......................

Bill

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Have had a G1 (2007) since 2011 and I see them everywhere - so many that when I see the low-ish # of units that sold across 8-9 model years, I can hardly believe them.

The G2s seem pretty rare, even considering that they've only been out 3 model years, but that may be due, in part, to the new styling, which is more conventional/less distinctive and therefore not as readily spotted; I mean you can identify a G1 from way off, even in traffic.

We bought a blue obsidian RTL AWD about a month ago, and had only seen 2 that color. The first one went by at an intersection and I think it was blue, and we saw the second one at night in a restaurant parking lot, looking beautiful - coincidentally the day before I went to purchase ours. We had already decided on blue, and it seemed like a "sign" to see one that evening before buying ours, lol.

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
231 Posts
There's a couple of G1's here in town. Otherwise not many at all. G1 or G2.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,106 Posts
Every single day (twice) on my driveway when I leave in the Accord. :D

Seriously G1 and G2 often, daily

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,616 Posts
During my drives, I see some G2s and less of the G1s. Not many at my work and we have around 89,000+ permitted vehicles and 35 are Ridgelines and I see 6 of those regularly.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If I'm driving around town (my commute is very short and done in an EV) on weekends, I see G1 and G2 about every drive. Fairly common here. See lots of G2's. Seen a bunch of FWD's lately also.

·
Registered
293 Posts
There are 2 G1s in town that I have seen and only 1 other G2. I see several of each when I am in Panama City Beach, FL fishing though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not a day goes by that I don’t see a Ridgeline either a Gen1 or a Gen2. Recently got a thumbs up from a guy who passed me in a G2 White, probably an E edition as it had the sliding rear window...but may have not been with the recent updates to the lower trims. There are at least 3 G1’s at work, maybe 4 and when I drive my G2 to work, as far as I know is the only G2 right now. There are quite a few Ridgelines where I live, so I am feeling like I’m in good company here.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Until I got my RL, I never really noticed them in my travels. Since I got mine, I almost always see another one in my travels about town.
Today for example, on a quick trip to Home Depot there were at least 6 including mine on the road.
3 were in the HD parking lot & I was not searching.

With the low Canadian production levels, I wouldn't expect to come across that many on the road.
FYI I'm in Toronto population < 3 million the GTA is just under 6 million.

How about you?
BTW, is there a special wave or nod you give to other RL's on the road?
I see the G2 more than the G1. There is a Black Edition a few doors up. and I see a white one pass my house almost daily. We looked at a pop up camper for sale a couple of months ago the owner had a G2 Identical to mine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did see a RL before I bought mine a year ago, but haven't seen one since. I must live and travel in the
wrong parts of a large metropolitan city.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts