Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I see them fairly often in my small suburb north of Denver. Just in my neighborhood of 100 homes, there are four Ridgelines, counting mine. I own a G2 (Lunar Silver) and the other three are G1's (Dark Cherry Pearl, Formal Black, and Billet Silver).
While sitting a stop light this morning a Black Edition pulled up next to me. He rolled down his window, I rolled down my window, our eyes locked and at the same time we said; "Nice truck dude". You meet the nicest people in a Honda. :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
I see them fairly often in my small suburb north of Denver. Just in my neighborhood of 100 homes, there are four Ridgelines, counting mine. I own a G2 (Lunar Silver) and the other three are G1's (Dark Cherry Pearl, Formal Black, and Billet Silver).
Where north of Denver? Have a buddy in Broomfield...but he's a Jeep guy :).

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Where north of Denver? Have a buddy in Broomfield...but he's a Jeep guy :).
In Thornton, off of 104th Ave, called Burgundy.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Very few and I understand why. TFL posted the sales numbers and what amazed me was the Taco sales are in the 200's something like 100k more than the Chevy twins. Now I understand why I see Tacos everywhere. Inferior or not, they can't be touched.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Very few and I understand why. TFL posted the sales numbers and what amazed me was the Taco sales are in the 200's something like 100k more than the Chevy twins. Now I understand why I see Tacos everywhere. Inferior or not, they can't be touched.
Yes I see Tacos everywhere also. There are options abound with the Tacoma, You have engine choices, transmission choices, an available off road package, Cool decals, it looks like a full size truck, it feels like a full size truck and its reliability has long since been proven. Not to mention it tows a respectable 6,800 lbs. (I think) And you can pick one up for less than an actual full size truck. Toyota knows what the traditional truck lover wants and their sales reflect that.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Again I will ask, why does it seem that everybody wants to own a vehicle that looks just like what everybody else is driving? Obviously we are somewhat unique where a main point that attracted us to the Ridgeline is that it itself is somewhat unique and different? We were quite content thinking we were one of only a relative few that actually owned a G2 Ridgeline in town, and happier still that it appeared to be the only blue Ridgeline in town. Imagine our disappointed to see "our" Ridgeline coming at us across the parking lot with somebody else driving it! :confused:

Bill

·
Registered
293 Posts
Again I will ask, why does it seem that everybody wants to own a vehicle that looks just like what everybody else is driving? Obviously we are somewhat unique where a main point that attracted us to the Ridgeline is that it itself is somewhat unique and different? We were quite content thinking we were one of only a relative few that actually owned a G2 Ridgeline in town, and happier still that it appeared to be the only blue Ridgeline in town. Imagine our disappointed to see "our" Ridgeline coming at us across the parking lot with somebody else driving it! :confused:

Bill
That is one reason why I chose the Ridgeline over the Tacoma. I consider myself as somewhat unique as well as open minded. And so far I've been happy with my decision. The smart buyer goes with what's logical and not what's trendy. And really if I wanted a trucky truck I would have gone with the F150. Back on topic: I saw a blue RL this morning. First blue I've seen. Nice color.

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
215 Posts
Just parked next to a RL at my local pub. Very unusual and cool!

·
Registered
338 Posts
99% of Taco owners will never once use them for the advertised features. When you remove off-road capability, Tacoma becomes a very undesirable vehicle on everything except looks.

• It loses in cargo volume, big time
  • It loses in MPG
  • It loses in ride comfort
  • It loses in cabin headroom and general "body room"
  • It loses in payload capacity
Once off-road is removed, it shines on A) infotainment system being worlds better than Honda, B) it tows more, and really not much.

It continues to sell super well because A) early entrant into the market that established itself, B) reputation developed from the 90s manufacturing Six Sigma processes (which cant be sustained anymore), and C) people dig the looks and mis-equate capability against their actual real world usage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, every time I see one, I notice. When I drove a Dodge Ram, I never thought twice when I saw another one, since it was not a rare event at all.

That being said, I usually see one most of the times I drive, but I am either in Philly, so I see a lot of cars period, or driving to the motocross track, so I am on the road for an hour or two.

I see them about as often as I see Ford Raptors.

I like the amount of Ridgelines I see--enough that they will likely keep making them, but not so many that they are boring to look at because you see them so often.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Northern Nevada, and I see a bunch of Gen 1's, and, while not as many Gen 1's, I am seeing more and more 2's all the time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in Texas and big trucks are the norm. I rarely see Ridgelines and I live in a populated area. However, I usually keep my eyes on the road and stay alert, since drivers around here like to drive like demons (the movie Fast and Furious comes to mind. I did park next to another black Ridgeline the other day when I went out to eat.

·
Registered
796 Posts
On a Friday my wife and I had just decided to buy a blue one that the dealer had just gotten in that week (in November 2019) - I was going to go to the dealer Saturday morning to see what kind of deal I could make. I mentioned that I rarely see a G2, and maybe never a blue one. We pull into a restaurant to meet friends for dinner.....and park right next to a blue G2 - it was freakish!

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
215 Posts
The wife and I were at the VFW having a beer. Spotted a 2019 BE parked in front. Got to talk to the owner, who said he loved it, esp. the .9% financing. Told him to check in here when he gets a chance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was going to the store early Sunday morning & there was a Ridgeline in front of me. we came to a traffic light & low & behold another Ridgeline was already stopped at the light. All 3 Ridgelines sitting at the light being the only vehicles on the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since I became interested in them I see a lot more than I used to. Now I even walk our dog past 4 of them in our neighborhood, all generation 1's.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nearly every day.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts