Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sport
19 Posts
Came home on the weekend; a scary 2.5 hours on compact snow turning to slush in -2C with lots of salt and grit on the road, flinching every time a transport or logging truck went past. Saw my first Ridgeline approaching on a bend about 10 mins from home. Raised my hand to wave and got showered with rocks as he went by. Got my windshield rock chip patched today and noticed the front of the vehicle looks like I've been hit by buckshot. If my daughter wants someone to look after her kids in future, she can pay for a sitter.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
9,951 Posts
I'm pretty much surrounded by them. There are two G1's and three G2's just in my immediate neighborhood. At my church, two guys own G1's and two others have G2's. At my work, one G1 and two G2's. I regularly see both generations in this area both on the road and in parking lots. I think it's quite a popular vehicle among the middle- to upper-middle-class folks in this area who have the need for utility and safety and the desire for reliability and comfort.

·
Registered
2013 Black Sport Edition with rack and running boards.
1 Posts
I always wave a peace sign at other RL drivers. I see them everywhere since buying mine and there are several that look exactly like mine, with a few differences out and about here in the Pacific Northwest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the Big Island, Hawaii, I swear 90% of all Gen 1 Ridgelines were sold. With a total population of about 175,000 - a medium city at best - on one daytrip from Hilo to Kona I counted over 20 G1 Ridgelines in less than 90 miles. Now if you've never been there, outside of Kona-Kailua and Hilo town, Hawaii is pretty agricultural and rural so pickups are standard issue. And Ridgelines make the perfect Island vehicle - utility, reliability, economy, plus a couple strong dealers with great service orgs, and a lot easier to drive around town and park in than any 4-door F-150, Ram, or Toyota. I shipped a 2009 from Seattle to Hilo in 2017 for $1100 because altogether it was cheaper, and I could find a low-mileage vehicle a lot easier on the mainland. Since then, I've had several offers to buy it for more than I paid, including the dealer (!) because a 2009 with less than 70K is unheard of. Most have 2X or 3X that mileage.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
320 Posts
I wish I could move to the "Big Island" but alas I am stuck here in Jersey.
Anyway, I see them on the road everyday going back and forth to work, old and new.

·
Registered
550 Posts
There are quite a few around town.

Now Honda Pilots are all over the place. I think I'd see 10 Pilots for ever RL I spot.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts