Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On ever other car I've had with a moonroof, there has always been just two buttons...forward & backwards. If the roof is closed and you press forward, the back pops up in vent mode. To close it, press and hold backwards. Once the vent closes, everything stops even if you hold the button.

On my Ridgeline, things are different. I don't mind the 3 button setup but when I close the vent, it doesn't stop...it just opens the roof. I then have to press the forward button to get it in the closed position.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to get it to close the vent and stop?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
430 Posts
It sounds to me like there is something wrong with the wiring.

If you push the top button, the moonroof will only tilt up.

If you push the bottom button, the moonroof will only slide open.

If you push the middle button, the moonroof will only close no matter what position the moonroof is in.

If the moonroof is tilted up and you push the bottom button, the moonroof will close and proceed to slide open.

To solve your dilema, try just pushing the middle button. If that doesn't work, take it to the service department.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I went back and re-read the instructions and I was working it wrong. The top button always closes the roof. The middle one pops it up and the bottom slides it back. Go ahead and flame me for not reading the manual...I deserve it.

In my defense, I did read it. It's just that I read it at 1AM after cruising around in my brand spanking new Ridgeline on an adrenalin high and not much sunk in :D .

·
Registered
430 Posts
Been there, done that.

Looks like my memory escaped me and I reversed two of the buttons. At least your moonroof is working! :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
RTFM :)

You asked... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts