Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm driving, I like to use my various FM presets. Eventually I'm not sure which station I'm listening to, and I just want to know where I am (eg. 98.3 or 101.5 or ...)...but not actually change it, just get oriented again.
How do I display the station on the dash (HUD) ???

Right now I tap steering wheel <, then > to come back and it displays for a second. It's Ok, but it's a hassle, and I interrupt the song that is playing.
Don't really want to stop looking at the road, look over at the infoscreen, tap something there, etc,.... and I like just keeping my screensaver on anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The dash info could use a lot of work. When I change a song from the steering wheel controls, it pops up for only a second or less, then goes away. We should be able to have all an audio info screen for when we are in GPS mode on the head unit.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The dash info could use a lot of work. When I change a song from the steering wheel controls, it pops up for only a second or less, then goes away. We should be able to have all an audio info screen for when we are in GPS mode on the head unit.

What trim level? If an RL

Menu button on Radio
Settings
Display Change
Audio

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree, we should be able to see audio info on the GPS screen in all modes. Even my Harley Davidson screen shows this information and it is an awful system...LOL

·
Registered
263 Posts
Switched mine from Wallpaper to Audio and the full Audio screen came up while the music was playing. I will test drive this for awhile to see if it stays. All of the key fields are there regarding the MP3s. Great tip !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does this work on the touch screen versions? I have a BE and would love to see this on my screen, does it work if I'm using CarPlay as my audio source?

Thanks!

d

·
Registered
69 Posts
Awful interface. Multiple steps to get to stations, no vol or tune knob. Honda fell on its face with this one. Best interface I have seen is the Jeep Grand Cherokee or other products in the FCA that use a combination of knobs and touch screen. Radio stations and source right on the display. Very easy to use and intuitive.
Honda's display was designed by someone that never thought it would be used while the car is moving. Speech recognition is also about the worst I have used too but many are poor this one no different. For all the unique excellent features the Ridgeline has not sure what they were thinking about with this whole control display interface...

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
Awful interface. Multiple steps to get to stations, no vol or tune knob. Honda fell on its face with this one. Best interface I have seen is the Jeep Grand Cherokee or other products in the FCA that use a combination of knobs and touch screen. Radio stations and source right on the display. Very easy to use and intuitive.
Honda's display was designed by someone that never thought it would be used while the car is moving. Speech recognition is also about the worst I have used too but many are poor this one no different. For all the unique excellent features the Ridgeline has not sure what they were thinking about with this whole control display interface...
It is simply a cost-cutting move. Once the groundwork is laid out, it is much cheaper/easier to slap a tablet into the dash than to fiddle with installing knobs and other physical controls. The hilarious part is that Honda calls this an upgrade, charges you more for it, and will likely charge a lot more for repair/replacement. The cherry on the icing is that the "tablet" portion seems to be at least 4-5 years old, tech-wise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts