Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed an six chord in their car so they can play music from their phone? Is it hard and expensive or not that bad? Pictures of your custom auxes would b great

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
what kind of phone?

With an apple phone or iPod your options increase, using a factory radio and not using the earphone plug and using the bottom connector instead for a much better audio and using the radio controls to skip songs. You may only need a connector adapter for the newer smaller connector.

I have a Honda link 2.00 that I used during 6 months and maybe less than 12 hours total. It simply connects in the back of the radio receiver, and done. Cable can be ran to the glove box.

$35.00 and maybe free shipping

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/ML.REAASC6A.MUSIC_LINK_2.0_QRG.pdf

It says it is for iPods only but it works with phones with newer OS, they never display songs names, but you can skip songs with the steering wheel or the radio controls and have near if not the same cd quality audio as CD's.

Older Ridgelines don't play MP3's or AAC files on cd's either otherwise you could make iTunes cd's with up 100 songs with 256k files.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what kind of phone?

With an apple phone or iPod your options increase, using a factory radio and not using the earphone plug and using the bottom connector instead for a much better audio and using the radio controls to skip songs. You may only need a connector adapter for the newer smaller connector.

I have a Honda link 2.00 that I used during 6 months and maybe less than 12 hours total. It simply connects in the back of the radio receiver, and done. Cable can be ran to the glove box.

$35.00 and maybe free shipping

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/ML.REAASC6A.MUSIC_LINK_2.0_QRG.pdf

It says it is for iPods only but it works with phones with newer OS, they never display songs names, but you can skip songs with the steering wheel or the radio controls and have near if not the same cd quality audio as CD's.

Older Ridgelines don't play MP3's or AAC files on cd's either otherwise you could make iTunes cd's with up 100 songs with 256k files.
You're SURE it works with an iphone six? Why would they say it doesn't then? Also are you sure it even connects to a lightning port? It looks like the old-school ipod connector in the picture they have

1 - 3 of 3 Posts