Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on how to keep the screen from getting finger printy?

Mine looks terrible already, although i do have very oily skin so that's probably why.

· Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A nice yellow coating that the trees like to apply to my freshly waxed Element.....
hah, though maybe it was the name of some cleaner i didn't know about.

Funny you say that though, i just pulled my RL into the driveway and when i stepped out i thought of how dirty it looked because of the pollen.

· Administrator
24,843 Posts
Several years ago when Apple transitioned from matte screens to glossy screens, people started roaring. The technical reason behind the switch was for higher contrast and sharper images. Reasonably effective anti-glare and oleophobic (reduces fingerprints) coatings were later added, but the latter wears off during normal use for touch devices like tablets, smartphones, and infotainment systems. Honda used matte screens in older applications that were lower resolution. The higher pixel density of the newer systems demands a glossy screen to take advantage of the better display technology. For those willing to sacrifice a bit of image quality to reduce glare and fingerprints, Honda should offer a matte screen accessory (that will actually hold up unlike the current aftermarket solutions).

I wonder if the screen used in the Ridgeline (and others) is plastic or glass? Plastics have advanced and glass has become very thin, so it's often difficult to tell the difference. If it's plastic instead of something like Gorilla Glass (or equivalent), I'd be a bit reluctant to clean it too often - particularly with a dry microfiber cloth!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.