Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Outstanding lift instruction, very well thought out (clear, concise and thorough). Narrative and photography was top tier. Because of this video I shall lift my Ridgeline soon. What size tire did you mount and what lift lit did you use? Looking forward to viewing your other vids. Thank you and congratulations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for those kind words!
I did realise whilst editing that I didn't tell the tyre size.
So I have the 245/70/17 toyo open country AT plus (european spec) the road noise is superb! Same as my hankook evo s3 on my old tsx.

And the kit is from traxda, 202020.

I'm still playing around with my editing style, music, jokes/bloopers.
Working hard to get it right, but enjoying the journey ;)

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,113 Posts
Good job.
Did you happen to use any camber correction items to get the alignment to spec, or is everything within spec?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just judging by the front install, this looks worlds easier than Gen 2 !

For Gen 2 leveling kit i installed a few days ago, I had to separate lower control arm, tie rod, axle spindle from the hub.

Just doing the front side alone took me about a full day and that doesn't include having to replace the lower ball joint dust boot because a standard ball joint separator tool doesn't fit the joint without hammering it in. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good job.
Did you happen to use any camber correction items to get the alignment to spec, or is everything within spec?
Thanks! I haven't done my alignment yet, because I am waiting for new steering rack boots.
When I have those, I will do the alignment at work. (I'm a Nissan tech)

Just judging by the front install, this looks worlds easier than Gen 2 !

For Gen 2 leveling kit i installed a few days ago, I had to separate lower control arm, tie rod, axle spindle from the hub.

Just doing the front side alone took me about a full day and that doesn't include having to replace the lower ball joint dust boot because a standard ball joint separator tool doesn't fit the joint without hammering it in. :rolleyes:
Yeah it was easy, to be honest, I'm used to do this kind of stuff (not the lift kit install, but all the rest of the job)
And I should of loosened the axle nut, because you might pull the axle to hard when un/installing the hub on the shock assembly.
Like I said, I'm used to it so I know my limits.

Ah to bad you had a full days of work, but you'll enjoy the ride way more afterwards because you did it yourself ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I enjoy doing things myself. It feels rewarding and allows you to learn and appreciate the design and engineering of your ride. I just had my alignment done yesterday after installing truxxx 1.5" leveling kit. Caster and camber were still in spec. Front Toe needed an adjustment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the response of people who watched my how to video,
would just like to ask for people to subscribe if they like the content, way more to come!!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,113 Posts
I like the response of people who watched my how to video,
would just like to ask for people to subscribe if they like the content, way more to come!!
Though we admire your efforts, I recommend you brush up on our community guidelines on promoting your Channel.

However, keep making good content and best wishes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts