Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to install a dual USB plug into the right side 12 volt plug on a 07 Ridgeline. I've gotten the console apart. I just can't figure out how to pop the plug out. I thought it might have something to do with the tabs on the bag but they don't seem to push in any. I don't want to break the plastic or anything or make it where I can't get the plug back in. I just want to see how the USB plug looks in the hole right now. I've pushed on it. I've tried pushing the tabs in. But nothing feels like it's ready to "give" and come out.

·
Super Moderator
6,855 Posts
This has been done before checking in this part of the forum or the Mobile Electronics. I will add links when I find them

·
Registered
467 Posts
That’s brilliant, thanks for the post. I’d like to make that modification to my truck. What part did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I tried to look it up in my past orders on Amazon but apparently it's no longer available .

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have been trying to remember the exact procedure for popping the 12v socket out of the console. I did it about a year ago. My recollection is fuzzy but I believe there are two recessed tangs that need to be simultaneously pushed in for it to push out towards the front. Small tools like mini screw drivers will be required.
I do recall that it was a bit confounding and it took a few tries and some careful inspection to figure it out. Good luck . . .

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Hold on a second, @blammo585 , what you are looking for is a female USB receiver to be visible in the cab, while the other end goes to the Android HU so you can stick, lets say, an USB dongle to load files/access files? The USB outlet is not just to charge your devices correct?
If I am mistaken, then what @McChizzle mentioned works the best.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hold on a second, @blammo585 , what you are looking for is a female USB receiver to be visible in the cab, while the other end goes to the Android HU so you can stick, lets say, an USB dongle to load files/access files? The USB outlet is not just to charge your devices correct?
If I am mistaken, then what @McChizzle mentioned works the best.
You are correct. I already have the new plug, but I can't figure out how to pop the existing 12v plug out. I've pressed on the tabs so hard that I feel like something may break, but I haven't had any luck. I thought maybe I was missing something. I got my father to help who is quite the handy-man, and he couldn't get it either.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
You are correct. I already have the new plug, but I can't figure out how to pop the existing 12v plug out. I've pressed on the tabs so hard that I feel like something may break, but I haven't had any luck. I thought maybe I was missing something. I got my father to help who is quite the handy-man, and he couldn't get it either.
The trim piece that holds the 12v connector can be removed off the vehicle, to gain access to the rear of the 12V outlets.
  • drop and pull the coin holder tray. There is/are screw/s that need to be removed
  • on either side of that plastic trim piece (under the dash; glove side and steering side) there are two press fit trim panels, remove them to reveal a screw on either side. Remove them.
  • remove the rubber-ish liner on the bottom (looking straight down from the cup holders) of the whole trim piece and it will reveal the two screws. Remove them
  • once you have gotten all of it, then the whole trim piece will come out. Then you can access how the blank switches and the 12V is held. Typiecally they have two screws.
Exploded view >> https://www.hondapartsnow.com/resource?t=d&s=l&r=9A259D595DE0D0D44EEBF3E0F013A502F78FC0C06D0D4BDE4D902A9CE20EC48E

Below is the stock G1 cabin for reference.

What you are looking for is this correct?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
The trim piece that holds the 12v connector can be removed off the vehicle, to gain access to the rear of the 12V outlets.
  • drop and pull the coin holder tray. There is/are screw/s that need to be removed
  • on either side of that plastic trim piece (under the dash; glove side and steering side) there are two press fit trim panels, remove them to reveal a screw on either side. Remove them.
  • remove the rubber-ish liner on the bottom (looking straight down from the cup holders) of the whole trim piece and it will reveal the two screws. Remove them
  • once you have gotten all of it, then the whole trim piece will come out. Then you can access how the blank switches and the 12V is held. Typiecally they have two screws.
Exploded view >> https://www.hondapartsnow.com/resource?t=d&s=l&r=9A259D595DE0D0D44EEBF3E0F013A502F78FC0C06D0D4BDE4D902A9CE20EC48E

Below is the stock G1 cabin for reference.

View attachment 397879

What you are looking for is this correct?

He knows how to get the console off. It's getting the 12v socket out of the console without breaking it that is the issue.

I'm sorry that I can't remember exactly what the trick was; yes there was definitely a trick but what it was eludes me . . . .

Blammo, can you take a detailed picture of the back of the 12v socket, maybe from a couple of angles? It should jar my memory once I see it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He knows how to get the console off. It's getting the 12v socket out of the console without breaking it that is the issue.

I'm sorry that I can't remember exactly what the trick was; yes there was definitely a trick but what it was eludes me . . . .

Blammo, can you take a detailed picture of the back of the 12v socket, maybe from a couple of angles? It should jar my memory once I see it.
Yes. I wanted to do that this afternoon but didn't get around to it. I will take some pictures tomorrow when I get home.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts