Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wooo hoo I just looked at a lot of the pictures and saw some that didn't have the Honda badging on the tailgate. Is the badging held on by clips, sticky, or? How would one remove them? I have a 2012 RTS.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bought mine without tailgate badges. Was planning on buying them. What is the significance of removing them? Is it the "cool" thing to do?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bought mine without tailgate badges. Was planning on buying them. What is the significance of removing them? Is it the "cool" thing to do?
Some just prefer a "smoother" appearance, from de-badging. I did this to an S-10 I had several years ago; purely aesthetics.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
If anyone has the "Honda" script from the tailgate they want to get rid of, I could use one for a project I'm thinking of doing if it doesn't cost too much. I wouldn't matter if it was broken between the letters. PM me with details.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So I decided I want the badges and picked up a used set from a damaged tailgate. I'm anticipating a challenge finding the correct double-sided tape and cutting to fit correctly. How would I cut the tape to match the lettering?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,267 Posts
It's been done before. Some have placed the RIDGELINE text on the sides front driver's & passenger's side.

About the only thing I can think of is place the tape on the lettering with one side still having the protective covering still on it. Then flip it over and trace it out with an exacto knife.

There have been some posts before, I'll try to add some links.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts