Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've discovered that someone has put touch up paint or fingernail polish on the door of my Ridgeline? How can I remove this without damaging the paint?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
solvent...start out with weak solvent before you damage paint.. start with wax and grease mover..then xylol..careful as you will rub through clearcoat with enough rubbing on any solvent..
acetone will in fact remove nail polish remover... but will attack paint..as well.. but to a lesser extent

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
solvent...start out with weak solvent before you damage paint.. start with wax and grease mover..then xylol..careful as you will rub through clearcoat with enough rubbing on any solvent..
acetone will in fact remove nail polish remover... but will attack paint..as well.. but to a lesser extent
How about mineral spirits? Will that damage the paint?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've discovered that someone has put touch up paint or fingernail polish on the door of my Ridgeline? How can I remove this without damaging the paint?
For items like this, had very good success using Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Meguiar's Ultimate Polish. I would start with the polish rubbing lightly to see if it alone will remove the fingernail polish. If not, then move to the Ultimate Compound again rubbing lightly with patience. If you use the Ultimate Compound then finish with the polish. Follow up with your favorite wax.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
How about mineral spirits? Will that damage the paint?
all solvents eventually will attack.. I would put mineral spirits in the low middle....I agree if compounds work to try but you will polish the oem paint as well..or if it can be 'popped' off with a soft wood scraper or plastic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts