Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, great forum here. I purchased my RL this past July and my XM radio trial has run out, and I have no interest in purchasing it. Is it possible to remove it so I do not have to cycle through the xm radio stations when changing modes with the steering wheel controls? I would love for them to just skip over the XM stations. I have searched and found nothing. Thank you in advance.

Mark

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I think outside of replacing the OEM radio, you are stuck with this process.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (successor to 2010 Dark Cherry Pearl RTL)
1,207 Posts
Welcome to the ROC!

XM is embedded into the functioning of the factory radio. Even if you add an iPod interface you will still be dealing with that. An aftermarket HU would do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang it. Thanks for the information. My wife would kill me if I go ahead and replace the headunit. I guess its something I have to live. Thanks again. I really love this place, so much useful information.

-Mark

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello all, great forum here. I purchased my RL this past July and my XM radio trial has run out, and I have no interest in purchasing it. Is it possible to remove it so I do not have to cycle through the xm radio stations when changing modes with the steering wheel controls? I would love for them to just skip over the XM stations. I have searched and found nothing. Thank you in advance.
Mark
On the 2010, the XM unit is located behind the rear passenger seat. Here's a diagram of the stereo components and wiring -- what you're specifically looking for is #10 in this diagram:

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/diagrams/large/radio-antenna-speaker-467336.png

Disconnect this module (and remove it if you want) and XM will be removed from the head unit functionality.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (successor to 2010 Dark Cherry Pearl RTL)
1,207 Posts
Hello all, great forum here. I purchased my RL this past July and my XM radio trial has run out, and I have no interest in purchasing it. Is it possible to remove it so I do not have to cycle through the xm radio stations when changing modes with the steering wheel controls? I would love for them to just skip over the XM stations. I have searched and found nothing.
For what it's worth I don't think I've touched the MODE button more than a couple of times on my last two Hondas. If I really need to switch modes it's one of those things for which I'm willing to do the same kind of "flash-glance" that we all learned for scanning the rearview mirrors. The buttons are big and well-marked.

Maybe that would take away some of the inconvenience for you, though it seems to cancel out the reason they put a MODE button there in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts