Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,180 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes this is what I am trying to determine. From the looks of it I hope no steering wheel removal. I may try to fix the switch itself. If I press the center or one edge the pump does not activate. If I press the one edge, Presto! everything works.

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,898 Posts
I would treat it as if you removing the steering wheel and dis-arm the AirBag, which I believe would be via disconnecting the battery. Which considering the electronics of the RL I'd do just because your working on electrical parts.

I'll try a few searches later I believe someone has done this and I know there are threads on working on the steering wheel

This post may help...
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1624402&postcount=8

From same post...
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1627018&postcount=10

· Registered
1,162 Posts
I have never done it on a Ridgeline, or any Honda come to think of it, but I have replaced more than a few in my time.
Its usually has been easier than expected. A few screws a plug or two.
I have never had to remove a steering wheel to do it. Again, never done this on a Honda, but I hope I was of some help.

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,898 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks,
You scared me with the steering column removal but it appears that the unit replacement only involves removing a ton of trim clips and a few connectors. I will but a replacement but may continue to live with the old unit for awhile. A direct press of the washer button yields no results but if I press the very edge I still make contact. It may be worth dissecting the switch itself in place to see if I can get around replacing. Seems like a cheesy little switch that requires a whole unit replacement.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: The process is very straightforward for a gen 2. Three screws on the column cover and a couple more for the switch. No lower dash trim removal required. A quick 10 minute job.

Thanks for all the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.