Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the planning stage of my audio upgrade. I want to install component speakers in the front doors. I need to run at least new wire for the tweeters (I plan to install on the door pillars). The existing wiring for the driver's side door is through a snap multi-connector. No other obvious wire path. It looks like I'll need to drill a new hole in the door and the frame - yuk. It will be physically difficult to do. Anyone done this already? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I answered in the other thread and just saw this one. I type real slow......

Anyway, separating the snap multi-connector from the boot and letting it hang just inside the door is the only way to go. The boot itself has all kinds of space for extra wires.

Did Honda do this to discourage aftermarket stereo install? At least they could have made room for an extra wire or two.

I just worked on the door boot again yesterday. I had to get at the factory alarm arm/disarm wires in the driver's door to install an aftermarket two-way alarm.

One thing is for sure, Honda cars are built with quality parts - just look at the materials they use in places you normally don't get to see. Ask any car stereo installer what they think of various car manufacturers. Many of them say Ford is the worst. Pretty sacry when some of their vehicles have treated paper for vapour barriers. As long as it lasts five years, it's OK kind of attitude. GM is a little better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts