Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I was blessed to pick up a low mileage (76k) 06 RTL. Steel blue metallic. There are few vehicles out there that excite the owner years after ownership. I have a feeling that I'm gonna be just as excited to get behind the wheel of this 10 years from now as I do today!

One thing I always enjoy is getting something that looks different than anything else. This isn't a run-of-the-mill two-piece truck that will look old in 5 years. It has an edgy design, without looking bad (Pontiac Aztek? And I can say that because my dad has one ha-ha). And let's face it, it's all the truck that 90%+ of people will ever need. Especially around here, I see too many lifted f250s and the owners don't even wanna get them dirty, much less haul anything!

I don't plan on totally transforming this thing. Maybe one of those spacer 2" lifts with wheels and tires, nothing crazy. Under the hood, no more than a nice air intake. I'm somewhat of an audiophile, so the most money will probably go into sound. I wanna retain all the storage, and I've already found a post someone had of a sub setup behind the rear seat.

Anyway, pardon me going on, I'm just proud to be part of the revolution! I look forward to taking some ideas from this forum, and possibly posting some of my own ideas should they come along.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Welcome to the ROC.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,381 Posts
Love to see some pics of your Steel Blue. From another low miles, CA Steel Blue...

BTW, when you get a chance in your profile, Bali Blue and Steel Blue are totally different

Enjoy the Ride

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Enjoy your new ride! 1/2 as many miles as my '06.... you've got many pleasant rides ahead.

BTW, Bakersfield always reminds me of the Rolling Stones...... have you seen that "Girl with the faraway eyes"??? Don't be runnin' those 20 red lights now.... :act063: :act062:

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Howdy neighbor!

Bakersfield, huh? Buck Owens country. Oil fields. Farm land as far as the eye can see. A major railroad center for industrial raw materials and agriculture. The foot hills below Tehachapi. HWY 58, the smoothest stretch or road in the entire freaking country (and that is NO lie).

Basically, Bakersfield is an overlooked, valuable resource nearly everyone in the country depends on for at least a couple of things in the life.

Congrats on your very excellent choice of vehicle! Please read up on the pro's and cons of "cold air intake" for the RL. You might be surprised by what you find. Welcome to the club.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
looking bad (Pontiac Aztek? And I can say that because my dad has one ha-ha).
Hi, 'southern' neighbor! Welcome to the forum!

No chance your Dad is a chemistry teacher?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Congrats on your new truck and welcome to the ROC!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts