Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys and gals. New member here with first post. Thought It was time to introduce myself after a month or two of stalking haha. Owned my ridgeline for about 2 years now and like the rest of you, I love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I am a crop insurance adjuster in the south so I spend a lot of time in some pretty dicey areas (gumbo mud, sandy soil, flooded rice fields, etc. etc.) I was a little apprehensive at first about the truck's off-road capabilities but it quickly made a believer out of me. Only trouble I have had is ground clearance but I plan on putting on the traxda lift within the next couple months. Dropping down in tractor ruts does not produce a good sound from the undercarriage. Need to find a good all terrain tire to put on as well (any suggestions?). I have found that the truck is almost unstoppable in the situations I've put it through. Actually have been impressed by the stock Michelin m/s although their performance has dropped a good bit now that they have worn down some, hence the search for new tires. I can't really afford to get stuck out on some farm 30 miles from the nearest house. Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, just thought I'd say hello!

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Welcome to the ROC!

Be sure to shoot some before/after photos and share them with the ROC!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tmy3329--- I can try and get some next time I'm in the field. Mine is still bone stock so it's no spectacle like most of y'all's. But to me that almost makes it that much more impressive that it has handled the hell I've put it through so well.

·
Registered
579 Posts
DeepSouth, check out BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 if you're looking for tires.
Around $180 each from tirerack.com .....added link above for ya.
they are great tires that have served me very well in all conditions on & off road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks skelley-- I've done some online shopping the past few days and I think I'm either going with cooper discoverer at3's or the Firestone destination at's. This depends, of course, entirely on the difference between online prices and actual prices I can get at a store near me. Never bought tires online before so I don't really know how shipping works with something like that. I like the bfg's and have heard nothing but good things about them but I've run cooper and Firestone at's on previous vehicles before so I am sorta partial to them. The firestones I had were great but the coopers I had on an old tundra were outstanding.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks skelley-- I've done some online shopping the past few days and I think I'm either going with cooper discoverer at3's or the Firestone destination at's. This depends, of course, entirely on the difference between online prices and actual prices I can get at a store near me. Never bought tires online before so I don't really know how shipping works with something like that. I like the bfg's and have heard nothing but good things about them but I've run cooper and Firestone at's on previous vehicles before so I am sorta partial to them. The firestones I had were great but the coopers I had on an old tundra were outstanding.
All good DeepSouth, just throwing a idea out there for you to look at. :)
I just bought 2 tires for the wife's car from them, price was very good and shipping was $35 for UPS to drop off on my door step.
My local tire shop charged me $23 each to mount/balance and for disposal of the old.
So something to consider when pricing at your local tire shop.

They did ask me how much I paid for the new tires and I could tell by the look on his face that their price wasn't even close to what I paid as the conversation ended....lol

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
I've bought my last three sets of tires (12 tires) from TireRack. It's as easy as ordering from Amazon.

The tires ship in pairs via UPS. There are numerous TireRack warehouses around the country, I'm not too far from the Louisiana warehouse and mine have arrived in two to three days.

Each time I've tried to buy tires at local Gateway tire shop, but they are always $80-160 higher and sometimes can't get what I want. Gateway is more than happy to mount/balance the TireRack tires for about $20 per tire.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it would probably be a gateway that I would buy from if I went that route. Got a buddy that happens to be the grandson of one of the founders so I can get a small discount sometimes. I've just always been leary of ordering online, looks like I'll probably be doing that though. Thanks for the info guys. Coolbob I see on your profile we might be neighbors haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts