Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I bought my 2007 RTX new and have driven it almost 300k miles in the mountains towing and off-roading mostly. I figured that it was time for some modifications and wanted to make it Rubicon trail capable. So I have begun a Ridgeline/Military HMMWV vehicle. Hummerline or Funvee :smile: . Still in the build process, but thought that I could get some additional ideas and input. It isn't finished so I know it looks like two vehicles still but won't when it's all done. It is fully functioning though and that has been the first step. Now for getting rid of the little 37" tires and putting some 47" super swamper tsl ltb's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Looks like a fun project. What depth water can you cross?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe this video will give you some ideas... ;-)

BTW, welcome to the ROC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KzKpo3Ub18
Thank you, the chassis that is under my ridgeline came from govplanet originally. I addressed some of the problems they were having in the video with softer more flexible springs and air lockers, lower gearing, and upgraded axles.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thank you, the chassis that is under my ridgeline came from govplanet originally. I addressed some of the problems they were having in the video with softer more flexible springs and air lockers, lower gearing, and upgraded axles.
You're welcome! You should take your final product to the Tacoma Forum and see how many of them want to get "schooled" by a Ridgeline off-road sometime! :grin:

·
Registered
363 Posts
That is seriously cool. How did you manage to use the transmission from the Ridgeline with that new suspension setup? I thought the Humvees used portal axles. New longer CV shafts or something?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Wow! You are amazing. There have been photoshopped daydream photos of an RL on a huge lifted frame, but you actually did it! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Holy crap. A buddy showed me a short video of this from facebook and I have tried to find info on it. Freaking bad ass!!! Def need to provide details for us dreamers though on how you did it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts