Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Hunter billet aluminum side steps/running boards. The guy sells them on eBay for $175. They look nice in the pics.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
If they're the Honda ones, Honda quit selling them because of a problem (I think they were rusting). If these are the Honda ones, I wouldn't get them until Honda fixes the problems and starts selling them again. And then, I'm not sure how you'd know you were getting the good ones on Ebay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I think I'm going with the dress show bars that basickoncepts.com offers. Only a hundred buck w/ shipping. I don't really have trouble getting in/out of the RL. The show bars finish of the flange nicely.

Jeff

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought those side steps on ebay, only I got the ones with the rubber inserts. I think they look good but I had some problems with the mounting brackets assemblies, they do not match up to the holes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
crap/cheap quality...I currently have them on my ridge...they do not fit, since they were originally made for the Pilot, the bracket are nor sturdy enough, they bounce if you step on them and the body gap is too large, which could be a hazard for kids...their feet could slip through the large opening and get them hurt...mine are coming off in the next couple of weeks, once I decide what to get next.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
06grnridge said:
crap/cheap quality...I currently have them on my ridge...they do not fit, since they were originally made for the Pilot, the bracket are nor sturdy enough, they bounce if you step on them and the body gap is too large, which could be a hazard for kids...their feet could slip through the large opening and get them hurt...mine are coming off in the next couple of weeks, once I decide what to get next.
Hi 06, can the mounting brackets be modified to bring the units in closer to the rocker panels so as to eliminate the gap? or does the quality not make it worth doing? We must have seen 8 or 9 different overseas companies going for this market at the SEMA show and only two were worth a look. We all need to be very careful about mounting low cost accessories to our vehicles. I don't think they are very concerned about product safety and liability.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts