Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladyridge contacted me concerning the possibility of doing a fund drive for the victims of Katrina. I looked at the FEMA web site and they are recommending cash donations to relief organizations instead of sending material items. This allows for the organizations to issue vouchers for needed items and also use the money to purchase meals, water and other needed items. Would be members of ROC be interested in doing a fund drive to assist the relief effort? I could coordinate the collection of funds and then issue one check to the organization of our choice (I would recommend the American Red Cross as they will impact the most people) in the clubs name. This would be a short term effort of one or two weeks although the need for assistance will last for much longer. Let me know what you think and if there is enough interest I will post contact information so people can start to contribute. If each of our over 1,000 members gives $10.00 we can make a difference for many families in need.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I is a great idea but I would suggest all going to the red cross website and send them a donation right away. Where it says "organization" put in "Ridgeline Owners Club Member Drive- ROC"

What do you think?

G

·
I can't think of a better way this group of caring people who help each other every day can help our fellow Americans when they really need us. Come on everyone, put your hand in your pocket or purse and send in some hope. USARSHOE, tell me where to send the money. I'll start it off with a challenge to all SILVER RIDGELINE OWNERS. $10.00. to each and every SILVER RIDGELINE OWNER.
Thanks Sean!! :)

Silver 56
White 14
Blue 43
Red 28
Black 33
Green 19

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If members want to make individual donations rather than one large one that works for me as well. I would be willing to be the collection point for a group donation if that is what people want to do or members can go to the FEMA web site and find the list of organizations that are taking collections and give to the charity of their choice using ROC as the group the money is coming from.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Here is the link for their secure website accepting credit cards.

American Red Cross

I like NJRidge's idea and have already made my donation, putting Ridgeline Owner's Club in the "Organization" field.

·
Registered
616 Posts
As someone with Family in New Orleans, I simply want to say THANK YOU and God Bless you.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I heard a plea for blood donations. Not because of injuries, but because there is a shortage due to the storm so badly disrupting routine collections in the affected areas.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Steve, just add my contributuion and I will schedule my wife and son for the next blood drive (We give when we can- Our daughter was hit &run by a truck some years back and the blood saved her life. Long horrible horrible story but trust me, the blood donation is life saving.) Anyway if anyone can give blood, even in the most northern points, it will help as they ship where needed most.

I give a personal thanks to anyone donating blood or funds. Thank you
FYI- They will not take mine as I recently got a tatoo (mid life crisis one.) If you have gotten one in the last year they will not take yours.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm in for $10, and will donate the next drive. Received 3 pints back in 62 after a bad truck car accident. The Rochester,NY Navy Reserve Unit poneyed up 17 pints on my behalf. Since then I donated 60 pints, should have been 100 , but got lazy. :(

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
There are other reasons why they want cash donations. By issuing vouchers to locals to buy the things they need they also support the local businesses since the locals are likely to buy locally. This helps to get everyone back on their feet faster. Sending materials into the region actually hurts businesses that are already hurting and doesn't necessarily help the people either as there then needs to be infrastructure to distribute the materials which just gets messy in and of its own.

So as much as some people worry about sending money and the money not getting where it is needed, it is still the best way to help a region out, find an organization you trust and work with them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cloud-Rider Designs Ltd. has donated $100.00 Can. to the Hurricane Katrina Fund Drive at the Red Cross. We don't 'see' a difference between American or Canadian, we're all people and we want you all to know that Cloud-Rider is here for you too.
God Bless you all, you are in our prayers.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'm in - Silver or not - we all ought to do our part. Remember - this could be your part of the US next - be it hurricane, tornado, earth quake, mud slide, or other nasty Mother Nature can hurl at us.

As a dear departed friend always said: It's nice to be nice, all the time!

-ridgeln

·
Registered
964 Posts
Did my $200.00 donation tonight to the Red Cross. Put Ridgeline Owners club as company.

Watching the news tonight, it's just sad. I can't imagine wanting to move back into New Orleans.

Seeing that man in Mississippi who lost his wife was just incredibly sad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Won $50 on scratch offs tonight. It was donated using the link in this thread and Ridgeline Owners Club as organization. It doesn't feel right to keep when so many are in need. :(

I love my truck.
Amazon Green RTS

G

·
rtr32 said:
Won $50 on scratch offs tonight. It was donated using the link in this thread and Ridgeline Owners Club as organization. It doesn't feel right to keep when so many are in need. :(

I love my truck.
Amazon Green RTS
Way to go rtr32. Nicely done!!
:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm in for $50 and I also entered: Ridgeline Owners Club Member Drive- ROC. I love New Orleans. What a great American city. I hope they can come back stronger than ever.

jam

·
Registered
119 Posts
I made my donation tonight too. The info on this thread and the Red Cross site make it very easy to do. My prayers tonight will be with all the victims of this horrific storm, along with my thanks and gratitude that I have all the blessings I have, and that I can make a contribution to the relief efforts.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Cloud-Rider said:
Cloud-Rider Designs Ltd. has donated $100.00 Can. to the Hurricane Katrina Fund Drive at the Red Cross. We don't 'see' a difference between American or Canadian, we're all people and we want you all to know that Cloud-Rider is here for you too.
God Bless you all, you are in our prayers.
This is very touching and considerate and it makes me glad that I have done business with Cloud-Rider (my grill kit is in transit). Thank you for your generosity!

I was going to contribute 10 bucks but now I won't need to since Cloud-Rider did this. NOT! Inspired by their generosity, the generosity of other club members and my ability to give, I've gladly upped my ante to $100.00 US. I have also included a reference to ROC in the submission form. Keep the good will comin' folks! This is a disaster of unimaginable proportions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We recieve so many people from lousiana come to H-town for the last few day...My wife and me just donate $$$(it's the money for my rl's dvd) under ridgeline owner club. i think other may need it more than me (to have a dvd in my truck). H-town should help out the next door neightbor right.!you guy r cool. not only ridgeline owner had nice ride, also a nice personality :) .
Pk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts