Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have always used weather tech Mats in my previous car but found them too expensive and overrated. I wanted to try another brand so I tried husky liners and damn they are nice. Anyone have experience with these? What are your thoughts?

I personally like how they have this custom double lip that doesnt allow anything to drip in the edges, I like the look better and the quality.

As always I did a video showing these as it's easier for me to video and talk then type lol. It's not sponsored so relax lol. I just like making videos on my youtube channel. It's fun. Check out my husky liner video below of you want.

https://youtu.be/5oiKOEFg7Xo

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Weathertech, Maxliner, and Husky liners seem to be basically the same design and construction. My experience with Weathertech and Maxliner is that Maxliner is a little bit flexible.

I personally had a chance to see the 3D MAXpider floor mats and they are very nice as well. Only problem I saw was the wear-spots. It showed a ton of wear areas, unlike the Weathertech.

Unfortunately I have not seen or had experience with Huskies.

Banned
Discussion Starter #3
I disagree and ive had weathertech. First off they are over priced. Second husky liners have this really cool patented form fitting edge that go against the scuff plate sill area. I explain it in the video. It's hard too explain here. I find they husky liners are made of a better material as well and better priced. I'm really impressed with them so much so I made a video lol

Registered
I've had the Huskies and WT. The fit on the Huskies in the RL in the front wasn't all that good and the WT's haven't held their shape in the rears in a CRV where they get foot traffic. I've tried putting them in the sunlight upside down with little to no improvement. Coverage around the dead pedal and accelerator is good with both with the Huskies having more coverage over the dead pedal. The Huskies in the rear for the RL with the one piece design is pretty darn good though. Bottom line is that you have to remove them to vacuum the carpet anyway so there's no clear winner. I think next time around I'll just go with the Honda rubber mats. I have a set on a 10 year old CRV that have held up well. They don't cover the dead pedal and are far from the accelerator so in snowy weather, they have a slight disadvantage but otherwise there is just as much stuff to vacuum for all three types.

Registered
I've had the Husky liners for a few weeks now and really like them. Some of my work buddies liked them so much they are getting some for their vehicles.
They have great coverage and they fit well in my 2019. I've read others having fit issues, so perhaps they have modified them recently?

All in all, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the brands mentioned.

Registered
Well, I ordered a set of Husky鈥檚 for my 19 BE and the fit in the front was horrible. Unfortunately, they are being shipped back tomorrow for a refund. I鈥檝e had them in previous vehicles, but they just won鈥檛 work in my 19. So, I鈥檓 going to order a set of WeatherTechs and see if my luck is better.

Honestly, I thought the overall quality of the huskys was lacking a bit. Just little things on the fit and finish that drove me nuts - the little spiky carpet holders were on places that were just bare plastic, etc...

Banned
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really confused. You must have ordered or were sent the wrong ones. These are digitally cut for each vehicle. My fit and fitment is perfect. Check my video

Registered
I bought the WT with my truck. The front mats have been fine for my needs. I had a good experience with them in my previous truck, as well. The back mat fits fine, but I have a concern about it partially obscuring the floor ducts. I'll keep an eye on them.

BTW, for deep cleaning, I've found spraying them with Simple Green, scrubbing with a brush, and then letting them sit for a few minutes before rinsing works well. I follow that up with a 303, and they hold their sheen pretty well.

Registered
I had WT in a prior vehicle, but then I found Rugged Ridge custom floor mats and loved them. Much beefier, great coverage. Problem is, I don't think they make mats for the RL.

Besides the one I bought came with a full front and rear set of liners, so for now I am sticking with them. I dont mind them, but I like the thicker Rugged Ridge stuff.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Registered
I鈥檝e had WT and Husky liners in several past vehicles. I always liked both brands and found they fit equally well. I have WT front liners in my Sienna now.
I just put a set of Husky Liners in my new RL Sport and I have to say I鈥檓 a little disappointed in them. They were a bi**h to put in and they don鈥檛 really fit all that well. Wish I鈥檇 gone with the WT but I tried to save $10.

Registered
I have the Maxliners - they were a bit of a hassle to install, as if the cutouts for the nuts are not quite right. They may have just needed to flatten out a little from shipping. Anyway, they seem to fit well now that they are in, they stay in place and are blocking tons of dirt/mud/rain from shoes so I'm happy enough with them.

Registered
WT laser cut in mine. Very happy with them. I got fronts, rear, and they even give you a liner that mounts under the rear seats.

Registered
Our RTL came with all-weather mats as supplied by Honda, they appear to be doing their service well!

Bill

Registered
Giving another nod to the 3D Maxpider mats. Very happy with price, look, fitment. I鈥檇 use these all year round.

WT/Husky - expensive and mixed reviews on fitment
OEM all weather mats - good but not enough coverage
Tuxmat - Decent coverage but subjective taste on style.. kind of reminds me of mats that an Uber would use.
Maxpider - simple design, discount through Costco. Mostly comes in 3 pieces. The 4th piece which goes under the rear seat is elusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I like the Maxpiders up front a lot. Fit is perfect and they look nice. For the back I went with Husky because the entire area is covered with one mat (including the seat rail)

Reactions: 14v6

Registered
I have the 3D Maxpider in my truck. I had a Pacifica with the full set and after 32,000 miles they still cleaned up and looked new. I found them I think through Walmart.com or amazon the cheapest as the 4 piece set. FWIW the under seat piece is NOT compatible with the DUHA under seat tray.

Registered
Husky liners for me and they are holding up well. Even watered some plants I had in the back seat floor area that got a bit dry while I was transporting them, and the mats made a good water catch pans. LOL

1 - 20 of 61 Posts